Pressure, but fun people

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Middletown, NJ
Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Middletown, NJ

I worked at Sears full-time (More than a year)

Pros

To be honest, if your a good salesman and in the right department on the right day you will make a good bit of money. And the people that worked there are fun.

Cons

- management pushes for credit applications so hard that you get harassed about it - it is not worth the customers to get the credit card for something like 15 dollars off of a 250 dollar purchase. - management does and does not take into account your personal schedule. I.E - They knew i was graduating college scheduled me on my graduation day anyway. - They do not give out hours if you need them - Low base pay.

Advice to Management

Learn some people skills and give the people that actually stand out and are good with customers the managerial positions so that they can help with any of the problems

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Technical specialist/call center agent

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Sears full-time

Pros

Steady work, okay pay, ability to work overtime if available.

Cons

Customer surveys are a joke, they are asked about their experience with you personally and start a rant on other issues which affect your score even if it's not your fault. Pay is okay but could be better with more realistic goals for stats. Needs better product training. Awful hours.

What a Joke!

Former Employee - Electronic and Floor Care Sales Associate in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Electronic and Floor Care Sales Associate in Akron, OH

I worked at Sears part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro is that I don't work there anymore.

Cons

- If you were hired prior to summer 2013, you cannot advance. Our store was one of the first to revamp the way in which people are promoted. - You're "trained" to fight (not compete) with your co-workers. - They hired a 3rd part company to tell us that we have to change our "beliefs" to be part of the new "culture". - If you leave the company for any reason, your last paycheck will be base pay only, which for me was $6 an hour... that's way below min wage for my state. You will not get min wage adjustments or commission on your last paycheck. - You can forget about benefits, because they keep you below 29 hours a week, so they don't have to offer them. - No 401k option - The management does not care about you. They will treat you like you're scum. - All they care about are your "numbers". However, if they looked at the big picture, they'd see the "numbers" for the company are far worse than any associate's "numbers". Maybe they should concentrate on the real issue, instead of making fake ones.

Advice to Management

Management wouldn't know real advice if it hit them in the face.