Sears

www.searshc.com
  www.searshc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Plenty of opportunity with a serious work ethic and mental strength. Serious poor management issues in some locations.

Current Employee - SALES PRODUCT CONSULTANT in Albany, NY
Current Employee - SALES PRODUCT CONSULTANT in Albany, NY

I have been working at Sears full-time (more than an year)

Pros

WOW theres lots of negative on here. This job is only for you IF you have a very very serious work ethic, genuinely LIKE people, can commit to your own ongoing improvement, take ownership of all of your own stuff, AND have a high level of b/ulls/hit tolerance. It will not work even if you have all of the above, unless there is a supportive District Sales Manager that will help you progress, and will cover your back and support you especially regarding production. Be prepared to deal with lots of highs and lots of lows. Yay I sold a 25k job. Boo my job cancelled 3 weeks later and my commission is being taken back. Most people whine about the quality of the leads and the distance to travel, Those are not an issue because its a numbers game, you take the good with the bad.

Cons

I question whether there may be some serious cash flow issues with the company (Fall-winter 2013) They have been delaying paying commissions earned, making us jump through several hoops to get paid (someone will eventually be filing a class action suit, its not legal) high turnover, unethical local management. The management attitude towards Sales Consultants is portrayed as positive but is actually very cynical. I took the job because of the quality of the local sales manager, in addition to other factors. He has since left and I am leaving to work at another office for a more solid team. corporate guidelines are to provide on average 2.5 leads per day, our leads in the past 9 months have averaged 1.5 leads per day, you cant make money at that rate. Sure the pricing is high but not for serious customers that want high quality products installed by a company that will stand behind them.

Quit screwing your sales reps, pay them what they are owed (quit jamming the job with NPS at closeout) You have a great company and great products and a great system, AND about half the reps you hire have great potential: USE AND IMPLEMENT THEM. Forget the focus on DPS sure its important but it takes the focus off where it should be. TAKE CARE OF CUSTOMERS! We shouldnt ever be reading here about customeres that got stuck with a bad purchase and I have seen a lot of that. If you dont fix that this company is toast.

4279 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

sales associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Downey, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Downey, CA

I worked at Sears part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

flexible hour for the most part

Cons

must work weekends, which means you get to miss out on some family functions

be courteous to your team members and they will be courteous to you, be a rude and condescending and you'll get that back. It's that simple!

Overall a good, fair company to work for.

Former Employee - Sales Project Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Project Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Sears full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They provided qualified leads and steady opportunities. Seas is a trusted name and in this industry it's nice to know you're well backed. The Company benefits were great. Bonuses and incentives were also very good. Phoenix office sales management was fantastic to work for.

Cons

Not a fan of the "one call close" sales tactic. Always felt a company like Sears could do better allowing their trained staff to work the leads provided in the manner they felt best, or create a call back book of clientele.

Hire and or train properly qualified or motivated sales professionals and allow them to work their/your client base. Find a better sales process than once call close.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears