There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Horrible communication

Former Employee - Auto Sales  in  Santa Barbara, CA
Former Employee - Auto Sales in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Sears part-time for less than a year

Pros

The people in the departments were great and made sure that when I was their responsibility, that I was learning things to help get my job done and were open to answering my questions.

Cons

Administration and HR haven't a clue whats going on. No Communication between them and departments, spent half my time going back and forth between to get simple things done.

Communicate with departments, and make sure your managers know what they are doing.

3855 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Great experience if you can deal with politics

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sears full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

For a time, I had an excellent manager and was able to create a career path with a lot of support. There is a lot of opportunity to take on a lot of diverse and interesting projects in a very fast paced environment.

Cons

Budgets were cut and soon additional training and career development was no longer offered. Often promotions for additional work being done were not followed through with even after being promised.

Treat your employees well and compensate them accordingly.

Executive Case Manager/Customer Service

Current Employee - Executive Case Manager/Customer Service  in  Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Case Manager/Customer Service in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Sears full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My duties included making sure customers are taken care of & dealing with escalated issues. I am currently a Case Manager over seeing customer concerns. I currently work in the executive office.

Cons

Does not pay enough per hour

There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!