Sears

www.searshc.com

I enjoyed my co-workers and my time there, it really got me ready for a future retail job.

Cashier (Former Employee) Pennsdale, PA

ProsAll my co-workers, including management were very friendly. For being introverted I was surprised how much the job improved my public speaking skills and confidence in the little time I worked there. The thing I will miss is the the flexible lunches/breaks. The company also offers you commission opportunities (if you have the time) and overall upward mobility if you do well at selling credit.

ConsI worked there during the holiday season so it was hectic. Management at times could be dysfunctional. They basically throw you out on the floor and have you learn as you go. But not only do you have to learn the register and store policies you're also required to ask for "members" email addresses, phone numbers, if they want a credit card and extended warranty, etc. Like most retail jobs, it can be highly stressful at times. I just think Sears goes pretty far with getting people to buy more, it screams financial difficulties. So be ready to sell, sell, sell.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet organized, make sure associates are properly trained and please stop the sales pressure, it really annoys and/or confuses the associates and customers (I mean "members").

Good first time job!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

I have been working at Sears part-time for less than a year

Pros: Flexible schedule if you are attending school. Very focused on… Cons: Crazy holiday hours. If you have the stamina then it's… Advice to Senior Management: Keep it up! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Loss Prevention

Loss Prevention (Current Employee) Salem, NH

I have been working at Sears part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: O.k experience for the resume. Cons: Everything is frowned upon, Can't run after them but we do, can't… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!