There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Worst job I've held in 30 years.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Sears part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Training is below poor, they expect you to do online modules, with no hands on experience to actually learn the job. The pay is $6/hr plus commission which is fine "IF" you have customers to sell to, which we barely do. The commission percentages are horrible, and as I've been told have been lowered consistently over the last few years. Lack of leadership, maybe 1 sometimes 2 managers working at any given time. Thanks to corporate cutbacks on management we have no leadership on a consistent basis, meaning the management are so over worked, they are always frustrated and in bad moods. Worst district management I've seen in any company. Management at district and store level are completely out of touch with their employees. Very poor safety standards, which are often disregarded.

Advice to Management

Get in touch with your people, get their concerns and honestly evaluate the problems and fix them. One supervisor for every salesperson in the store is ridiculous. Making 1 person do 4 peoples jobs may be the trend, but it is costing you business and loyalty.

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

Do not care about anybody.

I have been working at Sears full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Was a good company before Kmart

Cons

The company does not care about its employees and customers. The longer you work for the company you are most likely as the first one fired or placed on leave of absence. No raises in 4 years. This is a dying company.

Advice to Management

If you make the employees happy, more work would get done and the customer will come back. Stop sell parts of the company off. Treat the employees and customers better.

bad company

Former Employee - Operations Manager
    Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at Sears full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

pay for management is ok

Cons

i feel within two years they will be out of business