Sears

www.searshc.com
  www.searshc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

does not offer advancement with out relocation and pay increses are non existant even with good reviews

Current Employee - Lead
Current Employee - Lead

I have been working at Sears full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

hours off before kids get home

Cons

lack of comparable pay to other companys

pay the people that get the job done a living wage and give consistant raises to encourage employees to stay it costs more to train the retain

4265 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Loss Prevention is a great job here

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Agent in Wayne, NJ
    Former Employee - Loss Prevention Agent in Wayne, NJ

I worked at Sears part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good, updated equipment to work with. Management was friendly and I felt like they trained me well.

Cons

Sears is a terrible place to shop, so working there feels weird. Experience at other retail locations made me uncomfortable witnessing the horrible customer experience Sears provides in store.

Fix customer service in these stores

Customer Service v. Retail Sales

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Medford, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Medford, OR

I worked at Sears part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Healthy/safe work environment. Co-workers are friendly and co-operative. Management is generally reasonable in its expectations. The location is nearby and easily accessible. Customers generally know what they want when they come in to visit.

Cons

Constant push for up-sales/cross-sales. If the customer knows what they want when they come in for a purchase, I felt it unnecessary to "push" other items. In addition, the use of the iPads to ring-up transactions, generally took longer than using the register, adding to customer frustration in the time required. A customer wants to make a simple cash transaction but can't because of the requirement to obtain a phone number and other personal info to develop a file causes a lot of customer dissatifaction.

Before you impose the use of "new" technology on the workforce, make sure it works and is, in fact, an enhancement and not a hindrance. The iPads are a good idea but rushed into service. Also, go to a set work schedule. A floating schedule makes it most difficult to plan personal needs.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears