Sears

www.searshc.com

Overall very satisfying my experiance throughout my career made it enjoyable to show up for work everyday.

Former Employee - Carry In Technical Manager  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Carry In Technical Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

Promotions are based for the most part on merit which allowed me to grasp a hold of opportunities along the way

Cons

The company needs to execute better new ideas in the market place and clear out some of the still old ways of thinking which in my opinion is choking the company in the current culture

Welcome youth into the decision making process as to help target our younger audience in the retail world after all they are the majority of what roam our retail markets and spend their money in them more so than do older generations who tend to invest and purchase bigger ticket items such as automobiles and real estate.

Other reviews for Sears

Very fun and interactive. I love talking to customers about products.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

Pros

Flexible hours, Awesome pay, helpful coworkers and supervisors, quality benefits, even tempered customers, overall an easy and beneficial job if you show that you are giving your all and producing quality sales.

Cons

Sometimes management can be a little disorganized, however, the pros most definitely outweigh the cons. So if you are ever offered a job especially in sales I highly recommend it.

Hiring was just an excuse to "Shop Your Way"

Former Employee - Merchandiser
    Former Employee - Merchandiser

Pros

For six hours between Thanksgiving and Christmas, this job seeker was able to bring home a bit more money than otherwise. The location in question added hundreds of employees right before the holidays. This applicant believes the purpose of hiring was to encourage holiday shopping at Sears. Each new hire was given a "Shop Your Way" rewards cards and an employee discount.

Cons

The tax survey screening incorrectly assigned tax credits and status as a veteran.

Instead of hiring in-volume, hire only enough people to whom you can give reasonable hours. Fix the tax-credit screening process so that only legitimate benefits are claimed. Employees shouldn't be asked to sign documents that contain false information.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!