8 years of my life wasted

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sears full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I can not honestly think of one

Cons

Every body is a middle manager, except you. 3 pay raises in 8 years. Bonus goals so far out is unreachable.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees the monies you promised

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Poor

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Sears as a contractor

Pros

Very Good for lazy people

Cons

Lazy managers and Lazy directors

Advice to Management

Get rid of many of your directors

Horrible

Former Employee - Cashier in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Cashier in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Sears part-time

Pros

There are absolutely no pros to working at this company. I think everyone should avoid it at all costs. I would not wish this job on my worst enemy.

Cons

The store that I worked at had absolutely HORRIBLE management. The manager of this store wanted to be number one in credit applications so they went to extremes to get us to have a customer try for a card. What I heard is that the company wanted cashiers to have at least 10 a month. However, these people LITERALLY and I do mean LITERALLY wanted people to have at the VERY LEAST 10+ a day. If you were not getting this amount per day they couldn't fire you but they discouraged you to quit by not giving you any hours. They would schedule you for MAYBE 10 hours or so a week. They were not legally allowed to do that but they did it anyway. They treated getting a credit as a matter of life or death. Someone either came around with a clipboard LITERALLY (no exaggerations) every 5 minutes asking people how much credits they got or they called you every 5 minutes to find out how many credits you have. People complained about this to the management at a meeting saying that it felt like harassment. However, they said they were not going to change it since the system works for them. HA! They didn't care about customer service either, just getting credits. People got so desperate at this place that they lied and said that it's not a credit card just so they can get people to sign up. At a meeting we had they told people to stop doing that since many people started calling Sears saying that they didn't realize that they were signing up for a credit card and our store was the number one culprit. The management was lackluster in every other area because the only thing they cared about and stayed on top on was getting credits. I would not wish this job to even my worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Stop harassing employees about credit apps and start doing your jobs properly.