Sears

There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Chaos

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Sears full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They sell great products (for the most part) so it is easy to make the customer happy.

Cons

All processes in the store are backwards and illogical and managers are taught how to berate and "pass the buck" instead of actually manage. The easy job of sales associate is made incredibly difficult because of miscommunication by managers and corporate.

Bring in a consultant to revamp the pricing and inventory processes. Its incredible how much money you lose by these being pushed under the rug or done incorrectly.

4644 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Sears Call Center is a bad job to have.

Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Mobile, AL

I worked at Sears full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The opportunity to work with some good co-workers.

Cons

Inability to actually help too many of the customers that call in. Too many of the requirements are geared towards getting information from customers rather than actually providing them good customer service.

Listen to the representatives and associates that actually have daily contact with the customers. Stop trying to use gimmicks such as insisting on an email address from every caller to garner feedback, and actually focus on things like availability of product, tracking orders, providing accurate information as to delivery and repair times.

My experience at Sears was bad from the beginning.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ashland, KY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ashland, KY

I worked at Sears part-time (less than a year)

Pros

If I could possibly think of any I guess it would have to be a discount card.

Cons

I was employed only a short while and left by my own choice and was told the store was closing its doors just a few days after I was hired. I felt that I was treated unfairly by my supervisor and one particular employee even though I wasn't there long enough for them to even form an opinion of me. I was supposed to be in what you would call, "training". I was never trained and I was talked down to as if I was taking up too much of their time. I dressed appropriately each day and was always friendly and I must say, I witnessed my supervisor making many mistakes. Just because a supervisor might be friends with an employee that should not give them the right to have special privileges. My supervisor didn't like me from the beginning and I have no idea why! They should leave their personal feelings out of it.

Don't always take the word of a supervisor that things are the way they say about an employee. Some tend to be untruthful just because they might not like that person. I would not form an opinion until you have had the opportunity to work with that person. You just might have some jealous supervisors or employees working for you or some who are unfortunately unbalanced. Being someone who has worked in the public for most of my life I like people for who they are and have always tried to be fair and not be opinionated according to the appearance of someone. Cleanliness and neatness is certainly very important but what is inside will eventually come out whether it is in a good or bad way. You could lose a lot of great employees from jealousy of others if you are not aware of what is going on in your own store.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears