Sears

www.searshc.com
  www.searshc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Discouraging place to work.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Cloud, MN
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at Sears part-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you kiss the managers' asses you can get acknowledged. Otherwise, even hard-working employees go unnoticed. The only real positive I saw was that they are so desperate to hire people that it's easy to get a job there.

Cons

The management at Sears I worked was very "below the line" in the way they managed their employees. Pitching Shop Your Way is a joke and they often played favorites, giving special treatment to the associates who would sit and b.s. with them. Dealing with the annoying customers was exhausting and just the overall "feel" of Sears is negative when you walk in. I would not recommend to work for this company.

4273 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Discouraging.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Sears part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The ability to make more than min wage. Flexible schedule. Lower level management is decent. Good, reliable products.

Cons

Severe micro-managing upper management, no real training program to speak of (other that computer courses, which cannot replace real one-on-one training), unethical business model (sales associates are forced to take a cut on their commission if they price match, including Sears OWN WEBSITE which is almost always substantially lower than the in store price.) Upper management worries and nags to much about numbers instead of worrying about customer service and how employees are compensated.

Poor resources, intense focus on metrics, and technology that needs a desperate update.

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Sears part-time (less than an year)

Pros

My team is wonderful, very friendly, good dynamics. I really like the people I work with but the company is so frustrating I'm not sure I can continue to work there.The online management system for requesting days off is quite nice.

Cons

I mainly have an issue with how the company is run at higher levels of management. The push to collect personal info for the Rewards program becomes uncomfortable and annoying for the customer. The existence of two separate credit cards with high interest and little benefits that you are required to push until each customer has both is a ridiculous expectation. Registers are desperately in need of an update. The whole entire store needs some new innovations. The technology resources involving the website ordering process and the points are return program are cumbersome and tedious. Customers are not cared for. Employees are not given proper resources to assist the customer and are expected to use the very slow and awkward resources to collect constant customer info and to push more offers on the customer which causes many customers to become frustrated as check out or any other process in the store is incredibly long. The usage of deceptive sales techniques is rampant and often leaves the employee with angry customers. The points system is confusing and is not a real resource for the customer. This store is truly going downhill and Shop Your Way Rewards, defective Ipads, Store to Homes, and credit cards are last ditch efforts to milk money out of the customer as the selling of merchandise is no longer the prime focus of this dying company.

Reinvest in the store. Focus on technology updates and updating your customer care processes to be quick and easy. Value your employees based not on metrics but on customer satisfaction.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears