Sears

www.searshc.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

I enjoyed working on the Agile IT projects for their online services

Current Contractor - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
Current Contractor - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sears as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

People are friendly. You get free soda at the downtown IT location. We worked with an Agile platform with predictable meetings and expectations.

Cons

I can't say anything bad about my time there. There were great people and it didn't feel stressful.

Continue to be friendly and upfront about deadlines.

4644 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

High turn-over at all levels

Former Employee - Manager in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Sears full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you have the right boss, work is tolerable. The online business unit is still hot. Recent work on new company culture has the potential for meaningful change.

Cons

If you are not in the online business unit, you can forget any bonus. There is a huge disparity between the few that are trying to change the company and the "old guard". Multiple semiautonomous business units creates tension, and not always the good kind. Frustrating place to work for all because of this.

just talking the talk and not walking the walk doesn't cut it

I worked at Sears part-time (more than a year)

Pros

When it comes to the grind, you'll be successful if you apply yourself and learn your product/department outside of the supplied canned training. You'll make it as a commission sales associate if you tap into all your resources for product knowledge. YOU won't make good money if you just stand around and wait for customers and be just a cashier.

Cons

If you are hired in sales, be prepared to be measured by how many credit apps, member program recruits, service agreeements you sell per diem. It is an endless cycle very much dictated by the rush of the holiday shopping season or the dead lull that happens before tax refunds. You will be pressured to perform and sell but if you can do it, you'll be successful.

Management needs to make a BIGGER effort to make their presence on the salesfloor known... (1)to show their employees that they DO care and can walk the talk by leading by example and not just hide in their office. And (2) to let the customers know that every store employyee is invested in the customer's shopping/store experience and are proud of the way the employees are helpful or how the store looks and feels to a shopper.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears