Sears

www.searshc.com

Odd Place

Director (Former Employee) Hoffman Estates, IL

ProsIt's a big place and in theory lots of opportunities. Sears is always hiring in some role and you probably will get the opportunity to sharpen your teeth and skills. A lot of good people work there. My favorite thing about SHC was my co-workers.

ConsTop management. The top-down directives take over your life and most times make no sense. Also that "matrix" environment can be challenging. Lastly, the way the businesses are set up is a recipe for failure. Everyone fighting against each other for their own unit vs working together for the greater good. Each may win a battle, but the war is dreadfully lost in all cases.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-think how the businesses are run. The current format does not work in the best interest of the company at whole and it shows. Also, please reconsider how top management works within the corporation. It is a terrible thing when ANYone who has to work directly with top management feels like they need prescription drugs to get through the project.

Low Pay

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

I worked at Sears part-time for less than a year

Pros: Sears is a trusted name with quality products. Employees are… Cons: Can only work part time- so benefits are limited. Manager was on the clock… Advice to Senior Management: Bad management should be watched. There was no one to report to if… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Bad

Consultative Sales Associate (Former Employee) Mishawaka, IN

I worked at Sears part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Commission, some good managers, see new things Cons: Poor POS system and benifits No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!