There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Odd Place

Former Employee - Director  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
Former Employee - Director in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Sears full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a big place and in theory lots of opportunities. Sears is always hiring in some role and you probably will get the opportunity to sharpen your teeth and skills. A lot of good people work there. My favorite thing about SHC was my co-workers.

Cons

Top management. The top-down directives take over your life and most times make no sense. Also that "matrix" environment can be challenging. Lastly, the way the businesses are set up is a recipe for failure. Everyone fighting against each other for their own unit vs working together for the greater good. Each may win a battle, but the war is dreadfully lost in all cases.

Re-think how the businesses are run. The current format does not work in the best interest of the company at whole and it shows. Also, please reconsider how top management works within the corporation. It is a terrible thing when ANYone who has to work directly with top management feels like they need prescription drugs to get through the project.

3877 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

short title for my review

I have been working at Sears

Pros

good excellent fair fun great

Cons

difficult hard exhausting ridiculous beneficial

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Troy, MI

I worked at Sears part-time for less than a year

Pros

The people I worked with were great and very helpful. I worked in different departments and all my fellow employees were considerate. I liked having a schedule that never changed and I learned a lot working here.

Cons

I really didn't have any I was part time and my Managers were great to work with.My managers let me leave early when I needed to for my school classes. I've worked for other companies and have had some bosses that were difficult to work with. Working here I felt like my Managers wanted me to succeed.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!