Sears

www.searshc.com
  www.searshc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Telemarketer for the maintenance agreements

Current Employee - Telemarketer in Winter Park, FL
Current Employee - Telemarketer in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Sears

Pros

flexible hours, upbeat work environment, good discount on sears products, management did well, benefits were ok, great as a 1st job to learn sales.

Cons

The con will be the telemarketing part, it's not easy cold calling people and getting a positive feedback. If you don't mind sitting and doing cold calls, it's not that bad.

The constant positive attitude rubbed well with employees, it's not easy working in that environment and attempting to do fun things worked well.

4168 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Nice place to learn photography basics, but NOT for long term job!

Former Employee - Photographer in Stockton, CA
    Former Employee - Photographer in Stockton, CA

I worked at Sears

Pros

Learn photography skills and computer photo editing basics, sales and cash handling experience, employee PHOTO discount is great (about 75%, depending on how generous your manager is), but good luck getting your Sears store discount!

Cons

It gets crazy at Christmas time! Customer complaints about photos already ordered make it impossible to get complete satisfaction. Worked there 8 months and never got employee discount from Sears Store. Was also promised $0.50 raise for every skills test I passed. I passed two tests and never received raise.

Give raises when promised/ earned. Understand that sometimes the customer expects more than we can provide. Be specific in policy changes (esp. dress code changes)

Working as a Cashier at Sears

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watchung, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watchung, NJ

I worked at Sears

Pros

Management at the Sears store is great. They are very flexible wiht your schedule and accomodate your educational needs. I gained a lot of customer experience at this job.

Cons

Like all lower wage jobs, working at sears as a cashier became boring and not challenging. Some of the customers where really rood and some of the employees where less than tolerable.

Concentrate more on bringing in better quality products rather than bulks of lower quality merchandize.In addition, be more selective of who it is you want to work in the store.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears