There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Telemarketer for the maintenance agreements

Current Employee - Telemarketer in Winter Park, FL
Current Employee - Telemarketer in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Sears

Pros

flexible hours, upbeat work environment, good discount on sears products, management did well, benefits were ok, great as a 1st job to learn sales.

Cons

The con will be the telemarketing part, it's not easy cold calling people and getting a positive feedback. If you don't mind sitting and doing cold calls, it's not that bad.

The constant positive attitude rubbed well with employees, it's not easy working in that environment and attempting to do fun things worked well.

reviews filtered by
  1. Pleasant work. But boring.

Former Employee - SALES CLERK in Burlington, VT
    Former Employee - SALES CLERK in Burlington, VT

I worked at Sears

Pros

You get a nice laid back atmosphere. The work is interesting if you find home improvement to be fascinating. Also, you get to take breaks.

Cons

The pay is not good. The day is long. The sun rises slowly and sets slowly. Sometimes you want to eat candy but cannot.

Pay more money to those of us who can barely afford the candy bar snack that we try to earn everyday.

2. Nice place to learn photography basics, but NOT for long term job!

Former Employee - Photographer in Stockton, CA
    Former Employee - Photographer in Stockton, CA

I worked at Sears

Pros

Learn photography skills and computer photo editing basics, sales and cash handling experience, employee PHOTO discount is great (about 75%, depending on how generous your manager is), but good luck getting your Sears store discount!

Cons

It gets crazy at Christmas time! Customer complaints about photos already ordered make it impossible to get complete satisfaction. Worked there 8 months and never got employee discount from Sears Store. Was also promised $0.50 raise for every skills test I passed. I passed two tests and never received raise.

Give raises when promised/ earned. Understand that sometimes the customer expects more than we can provide. Be specific in policy changes (esp. dress code changes)

There are newer employer reviews for Sears