There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Get some retail experience and move on!!

Former Employee - Cashier in Santa Rosa, CA
Former Employee - Cashier in Santa Rosa, CA

I worked at Sears part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn customer service, as you will deal with an abundant amount of complaints. Also, its perfect for 1st time jobs or students. Flexible schedules and part time positions.

Cons

Explicit focus on numbers. Rarely any employee praise. Low pay. Buildings are dilapidated. No incentives or promotions. Favoritism.

Advice to Management

A happy team is a productive team. Weed out the clicks in upper management. Your stores are failing because friends wont fire friends, and consistently cover for one another.

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

Started out good, ended badly

Former Employee - Footwear MCA in Bel Air, MD
    Former Employee - Footwear MCA in Bel Air, MD

I worked at Sears part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly, customers were nice, I was given a lot of flexibility to change prices for customers. Hours are also good if you work hard. Good place for a first job.

Cons

Pay. I worked at Sears 3.5 years and made minimum wage $7.25 my entire time there. Drama. There was a ridiculous amount of drama, favoritism. CEO. Edward Lampert is running a once great company into the ground. Nobody in upper management knows how to run Sears.

Advice to Management

Hire a new CEO who knows how to run a retail business and give employees raises if they deserve them,.

A Decent Start

Former Employee - Cashier/Sales Associate in El Cajon, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier/Sales Associate in El Cajon, CA

I worked at Sears part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teaches you the ropes of retail Gets you used to constant rejection Gets you used to a simple POS Easy to get hired

Cons

VERY hard to move up Boring as it isn't busy most of the time Forced into basically begging people to get a credit card

Advice to Management

After working here for a year, and then getting an offer to move to a different department since I double their sales for the day in just my one shift, I still did not get a raise. I was getting paid minimum wage after a year, and doing triple the work. Respect your employees.