Sears

www.searshc.com
  www.searshc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

A company on the rise with the future of the Sears brand

Current Employee - Store Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Store Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Sears full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores is a relatively "new" company that spun off from Sears Holdings Corporation in 2012. It is a company that more closely resembles the values and customer focus that Sears & Roebuck originally stood for and will be the future of the brand. This is a company that I would definitely recommend as both an employee and a customer.

Cons

The downside from the spin off is that there are too many upper management jumps from Sears Holdings who are bringing what has turned that company sour over to the other side.

Embody what made Sears & Roebuck a great company (before the SHC times) and lead the great name of Sears into the future.

4296 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Consultative Sales Home Appliances in Paducah, KY
    Current Employee - Consultative Sales Home Appliances in Paducah, KY

I have been working at Sears full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sears has done nothing but provide me with higher and higher commissions since i started. My first year was 22k second was 25k third was 42k fourth was 70k and in 2013 i grossed a whopping 73k. This is amazing since i only work 35-40 hours a week as an appliance sales associate. We also receive birthday cakes each month to celebrate employees who were born that month. They are always finding ways to make working fun. I only live in a town of 35k people. in a very rural area. I feel like i owe sears so much for the things they have given to me. Thank you sears for being a great place to work.

Cons

Just like every job there can be improvements. The company is having money problems and sometimes I am not sure if management knows what they want to do. However, i just keep trucking and doing my job to the best of my ability. If we all work hard and do our jobs well then i have faith that Sears will be here many years to come.

I would like to see upper management visit the stores more often. A king cant run a castle from high in the tower.

Started out good, ended badly

Former Employee - Footwear MCA in Bel Air, MD
    Former Employee - Footwear MCA in Bel Air, MD

I worked at Sears part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly, customers were nice, I was given a lot of flexibility to change prices for customers. Hours are also good if you work hard. Good place for a first job.

Cons

Pay. I worked at Sears 3.5 years and made minimum wage $7.25 my entire time there.
    Drama. There was a ridiculous amount of drama, favoritism.
    CEO. Edward Lampert is running a once great company into the ground. Nobody in upper management knows how to run Sears.

Hire a new CEO who knows how to run a retail business and give employees raises if they deserve them,.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears