Sears

www.searshc.com

IDK... I just dont know what the top of the pyramid is thinking.

Consultative Sales Associate (Current Employee) South Portland, ME

ProsLaid back. Easy going. Lots of women walking through the mall to look at. Have an awesome sales associate to help me learn the ropes.

ConsPay is a JOKE.. pay is structured to keep people from making any money. Pay is below minimum wage with a laughable commission rate. If I sell a 3000$ lawn mower, i make 30$ from the sale. 1% comm on a riding mower is pathetic. Management? we dont need no stinkin management. the receipts are way too long. 3 feet average per transaction. salesmen are not told they will also be doing stock work and housekeeping.
the MUSIC... its terrible. they play kanye and beyonce and all hip hop rap crap allll day. what white collar republican at the top of the ivory tower thinks that is the correct demographic??? our customers are 40+ and mostly white DIYers.. they dont listen to DMX and Miley Cyrus.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys really need to redo everything from the ground UP.. I am leaving in 2 weeks so my slavery will go elsewhere. BUT.. Sears has been around forever and craftsmen makes some very nice tools. Id hate to see ALLLLL the thousands of people that have put in DECADES of salvery to make you fat cats money get shoved out the door like ENRON because you elitist freemasons or illuminati type cant dislodge your craniums from your colons. get rid of the 5$ per hour pay with a pathetic commission, start treating employees like you want them to stay and for pukes sake take a look at what all the financial companies in the US are saying about your company. They say it wont last another decade. this might not be important to you guys, but there are actual HUMAN lives that have slaved for 20-30 years and lined your pockets with more gold than your snotty Billy Maddison children could ever NEED.. show them some respect by pulling the company out of the water. South Portland store needs a miracle.

hard work and underpaid

Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) Springfield, VA

I worked at Sears full-time for more than a year

Pros: if your a people person you will meet different people with different… Cons: no respect from managers, they use you when they need you and… Advice to Senior Management: respect your workers view them as human beings and not as… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

If you need flexibility this is the place, if you need management, turn away and run!

Merchandise Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sears part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Flexible schedule Easy workload on most days Reputable brands Cons: Poor management Bad pay; minimal wage You will never get a raise Advice to Senior Management: Hire better help to teach the managers and improve your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!