Sears

There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Hometown Store

Former Employee - Store Manager in Conway, NH
Former Employee - Store Manager in Conway, NH

I worked at Sears full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Direct interaction with community. Get to know folks and them you!

Cons

Independently owned. lack of vision.

4297 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Disorganized

Former Employee - Shipping & Receiving in Chico, CA
    Former Employee - Shipping & Receiving in Chico, CA

I worked at Sears part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Was relaxed working in the warehouse. Work at your own pace. Good part time job while schooling. Decent feeling of camaraderie with other staff.

Cons

You rely on other people's organizational skills to get your job done, and they may not be reliable. Would not want to be sales staff. It's hard to get credit applications when living in a poor area.

IDK... I just dont know what the top of the pyramid is thinking.

Current Employee - Consultative Sales Associate in South Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Consultative Sales Associate in South Portland, ME

I have been working at Sears part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Laid back. Easy going. Lots of women walking through the mall to look at. Have an awesome sales associate to help me learn the ropes.

Cons

Pay is a JOKE.. pay is structured to keep people from making any money. Pay is below minimum wage with a laughable commission rate. If I sell a 3000$ lawn mower, i make 30$ from the sale. 1% comm on a riding mower is pathetic. Management? we dont need no stinkin management. the receipts are way too long. 3 feet average per transaction. salesmen are not told they will also be doing stock work and housekeeping.
    the MUSIC... its terrible. they play kanye and beyonce and all hip hop rap crap allll day. what white collar republican at the top of the ivory tower thinks that is the correct demographic??? our customers are 40+ and mostly white DIYers.. they dont listen to DMX and Miley Cyrus.

You guys really need to redo everything from the ground UP.. I am leaving in 2 weeks so my slavery will go elsewhere. BUT.. Sears has been around forever and craftsmen makes some very nice tools. Id hate to see ALLLLL the thousands of people that have put in DECADES of salvery to make you fat cats money get shoved out the door like ENRON because you elitist freemasons or illuminati type cant dislodge your craniums from your colons. get rid of the 5$ per hour pay with a pathetic commission, start treating employees like you want them to stay and for pukes sake take a look at what all the financial companies in the US are saying about your company. They say it wont last another decade. this might not be important to you guys, but there are actual HUMAN lives that have slaved for 20-30 years and lined your pockets with more gold than your snotty Billy Maddison children could ever NEED.. show them some respect by pulling the company out of the water. South Portland store needs a miracle.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears