Sears

www.searshc.com
  www.searshc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

The people tend to forget what it takes to develop a business and what it takes to rebuild a large corporation

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lubbock, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Sears as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

customer should be number one priority. Easy mamagement jobs have relaxed the importance of building people up as impodrtant and value and worth to there stable growth andstability

Cons

forget about who created the growth of this business years ago. Now living on history is not nearly as productive and continued growth and striving for the better....prosperity....I would rather hearr talking about the new and improved store images being developed and not what's wrong.

personal selling and customer recognition first and products set on the self

4273 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

A great place to work.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hagerstown, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hagerstown, MD

I have been working at Sears full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Offer developmental opportunities to advance in the company, friendly environment, great life/work balance. Very professional company overall.

Cons

Pay is low for most hourly associates. Managers work 6 days a week and long hours during the holiday (4th quarter) season. Company is very driven by numbers and can be stressfull.

The company offers excellent opportunities for personal growth in certain employment areas. Growth in the company is there but they do not pay well for people who move up from within. The culture that has been embedded in the company makes it one of the most genuine places to work and most people I believe are very satisfied.

Good pay, company goal not managements

Current Employee - Store Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Sears full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay at any position

Cons

Forget family time despite company stressing different. Not much thought goes into dm appointments at least in my area the current I work for is the worst at her job than anybody I have ever encountered at any position in years of retail. Stress is a prevalent by product though could be primarily caused by incompetent dm.

Treat your employees like people. Without them you fail

There are newer employer reviews for Sears