Sears

www.searshc.com
  www.searshc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

The people tend to forget what it takes to develop a business and what it takes to rebuild a large corporation

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lubbock, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Sears as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

customer should be number one priority. Easy mamagement jobs have relaxed the importance of building people up as impodrtant and value and worth to there stable growth andstability

Cons

forget about who created the growth of this business years ago. Now living on history is not nearly as productive and continued growth and striving for the better....prosperity....I would rather hearr talking about the new and improved store images being developed and not what's wrong.

personal selling and customer recognition first and products set on the self

4185 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Take care of your people (at Corporate)

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Sears full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Smart people. Great ideas. Management let me work from home 1-2 days a week. I appreciated that flexibility.

Cons

Not everyone probably had this experience but from what I saw/experienced...they burn you out...expect you to work 60 hours every week for months and months. Then, they basically say thank you for your service and they move on. Sometimes they keep you around in other roles and sometimes they don't. They just don't seem to care much about their people. This was just my personal experience.

Take care of your people and they will take care of you back. Don't burn though employees at Corporate just because you can.

A great place to work.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hagerstown, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hagerstown, MD

I have been working at Sears full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Offer developmental opportunities to advance in the company, friendly environment, great life/work balance. Very professional company overall.

Cons

Pay is low for most hourly associates. Managers work 6 days a week and long hours during the holiday (4th quarter) season. Company is very driven by numbers and can be stressfull.

The company offers excellent opportunities for personal growth in certain employment areas. Growth in the company is there but they do not pay well for people who move up from within. The culture that has been embedded in the company makes it one of the most genuine places to work and most people I believe are very satisfied.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears