A great place to work.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hagerstown, MD
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hagerstown, MD

I have been working at Sears full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Offer developmental opportunities to advance in the company, friendly environment, great life/work balance. Very professional company overall.

Cons

Pay is low for most hourly associates. Managers work 6 days a week and long hours during the holiday (4th quarter) season. Company is very driven by numbers and can be stressfull.

Advice to Management

The company offers excellent opportunities for personal growth in certain employment areas. Growth in the company is there but they do not pay well for people who move up from within. The culture that has been embedded in the company makes it one of the most genuine places to work and most people I believe are very satisfied.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

You should really appreciate who you have before they leave.

Current Employee - Merchandise and Customer Assistant in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Merchandise and Customer Assistant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Sears part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is nice, it's like a family. I gained new friends and working on making more. It's in a location I'm familiar with and happy that I'm able to work there versus where I currently work. Pay is good when you can give it your all everyday.

Cons

Not enough people to help on the sales floor. They would just throw me in an area I'm unknown with and think I'll figure it out as quickly as others did. Not enough training for certain positions like MCAs are supposed to be back up Cashiers but... They really don't teach you PROPERLY how everything works. Lack of communication leads to confused employees and it upsets a lot of the customers that would like to be members. There's just to much pressure on MCAs and Cashiers to meet metric standards.. And I feel like I'd be harassing the customer to join the members program if I was a cashier.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who work for you, allow workplace advancements, notice the growing talent in your people instead of just looking over it, help work on others weaknesses versus just focusing on strengths, don't solely focus on metrics when it's not truly helping you get to the places you WANT to be not where you HAVE to be, give out more motives to want to work there like pay raises; ALSO, lose the old computers/cash registers and get newer systems, you are being REALLY left behind in the times of technology when it comes to that department and you CLEARLY thrive on wanting to be more INTEGRATED in technology. That's the best tip, coming from a complete computer nerd, I have for you even if I haven't been working here long, but as a person who uses technology EVERYDAY OF MY LIFE, that's the best advice I have for you. It will help you advance a little farther down the road.

2. Fast paced

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Sears full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, growth; fast paced, environment; technology focused.

Cons

Compensation; mentoring part of culture--you are expected to be a self-starter; work/life balance