Sears

www.searshc.com

Working at Sears from a management perspective.

ProsAs part of the Senior Management Team is a store. There is a work life balance. The ASMs work between 45-50 hours a week and as the SM I work between 55-60 hours weekly. There are many opportunities when your at this level. Each store is different and depends on the SM. With in my store I encourage upward movement and push managers to reach there next goal.

ConsThe pay is not competitive. For SMs they are in the ballpark, but if you are up and coming with in the organization don't expect a large raise. With ASMs there base pay is below the average of other retailers. For associates there is no pay based on experience and most positions are minimum wage. With associates that sell. There are 100% commissioned. They will receive a base pay of minimum wage if they do not sell enough, but this is done on bank draw basis. One week they could do bad and get MW and then have a great week and have to put the money from the previous week back to the bank. A big discouragement for Store Managers is the lack of direction and focus from the Senior Leadership team. They are always a step behind other retailers and are never the leader.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor Senior Leadership. Focus on one thing and get good at that. Then move on to the next. Take advice from the field and listen to what your stores are telling you. Be the Leader! This is an institution of Retail. Playing catchup will not work forever.

I Thought Lincoln Freed the Slaves!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sears

Pros: Employee discounts. Great product mix. Lands' End to… Cons: Inept, unskilled and overwhelmed management is everywhere. Everyone lives and dies by numbers. An employee is only as good as their last good… Advice to Senior Management: Go back to basics. Spend more time developing people. Don't just reward people for making numbers but also reward them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Upper Management is very unfair.

Cashier (Former Employee)

I worked at Sears

Pros: Well, you get a 20% discount on clothing? That's all… Cons: DM gets pushed by corporate, so they push the store managers, who push the ASMs, who push your lead, who treat you like dirt for… Advice to Senior Management: Managers seem to forgot that employees deserve respect and compassion, despite sales. corporate needs to treat store… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!