There are newer employer reviews for Sears

I would definitely describe it as a period of growth both personality and business.

Current Employee - Lead  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Lead in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sears

Pros

Something different everyday, ability to learn all aspects of the retail experience. Definitely broadened my knowledge of retail operations, merchandising, drive sales and profitability.

Cons

Direction from corporate often did not get translated well to the associates. Upper management expected a lot out of middle management. Lack of resources available to carry out expectations.

They need to divulge mare information to store associates especially the management teams that are running the day to day operations.

3877 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Like living under a mushroom - kept in the dark and given manure.

Current Employee - Training Team Manager  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Training Team Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Sears

Pros

There are some awesome hourly associates that provide great customer service on a daily basis. They appreciate efforts placed in fighting for them everyday. Front line managers lead them into battle with inadequate equipment, unnecessary and arbitrary rules enforcement and they still provide legendary customer service.

Cons

Senior management team is one sided. Communication and ideas flow one direction - top down. The leadership style is very much cliquish. If you want to be recognized join the clique. Non joiners are left under the mushroom.

Open up communication to flow two directions. Listen to the entire front line management team. Provide real focus groups where honest discussion can take place. Eliminate hand picked clique member only activities.

Very Satisfying

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sears

Pros

The flexibility to work either downtown or hoffman

Cons

Some the flex spend account is not good. I've had better benefits at former companies

There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!