Sears

www.searshc.com
  www.searshc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

I enjoy my job but I'm not sure I'll have a job in the next 5years.

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at Sears

Pros

many learning opportunities with the lack of managers or the lack of competent and consistant managers the opportunity to take on more responsibility for anyone who steps up is there, sometimes the training is a little hard to get if no one in your store knows how to do something or is to busy, I work with alot of great people right now at least most of them are, difficult people are very hard to get rid of and increase the work load for everyone else, good retirement benefits and stocks are available for any associate after the first year

Cons

inconsistency in management, I've been through 3 Store Managers and 5 Assistant Store Managers and I've only been with Sears for a little over a year, some have been good, some really tried, and others deserved to be fired, unrealistic expectations

have a better back up plan for hard to fill management positions, and a better training plan for management new to Sears

4268 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Great place to be if you just want to be.

Current Employee - Assistant Auto Center Manager in Port Charlotte, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Auto Center Manager in Port Charlotte, FL

I have been working at Sears

Pros

Sears has a very flexible hours, competitive pay,

Cons

Cut in Labor Hours sometimes leaves you out numbered and does not give time to treat every customer with all the attention they sometimes need. Hard work and great skills not going to get you moved up in the company.

look at where the money coms from and cut those not producing if people can not get help when they need it they will shop less and no matter the sale they have other options. People still want Quality and service and will pay for it. Need to offer low price items but our top of line should be more than look top of line.Craftsman is still the top name lets be inovative not the followers.

Ok job, not bad.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Northridge, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Northridge, CA

I have been working at Sears

Pros

I can just stand around and talk to people (im a salesman), they wont fire you unless you steal or do something really dumb, pay is pretty good for sales (if you are good/decent/know how to talk to people).

Cons

problems dont get fixed as quickly as they should, its retail, so you get bad customers sometimes. They mess around with your commission rates (at least they have recently, i guess its because of the bad economy and whatnot.) MCA's (people who clean up clothes etc dont get paid what they should. theyre the hardest working people in the store and get paid minimum. they were paid higher, until the minimum wage was increased. at my store, the air conditioning goes out a lot. they might just be doing that to save money though. thats what ive heard from some people.

ask your associates for feedback. acknowledge when they are doing a good job.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears