Sears

Good first job

Former Employee - Cashier in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Cashier in San Jose, CA

I worked at Sears

Pros

They are really flexible when it comes to asking for time off. Although, your pay is minimum wage you can get more by selling Sear's credit. You can also easily move up to a higher position if you show you are hardworking and dedicated.

Cons

The pay is minimum wage and you have to sell credit to all customers. You also have managers on your case if you don't reach your sale goal.

I think they should help train new employees. On my first day, a new employee who had only worked there for a month trained me.

4437 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Disrespect and poor leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

I worked at Sears

Pros

Cute kids and some good coworkers made this job bearable. Photography is a fun industry if you're in the right place.

Cons

Extremely poor leadership all the way from the top down. Ridiculous pressure, constant negativity and completely unrealistic corporate standards unsubstantiated by support from management, worthwhile pay or fair working conditions. I can't tell you how many times I was forced to punch out, and work straight through my lunch break and have no food for up to 10 or 12 hours. It was ridiculous! They didn't know how to handle their volume and they pushed their employees beyond acceptable standards of hard work.

Need better leadership, better incentives, more encouragement of a personal life and work balance, need to ensure studios are adequately staffed and that people can take breaks. Need better communication with customers to establish standards of service. This company pretty much invited customers to abuse employees by over-promising and then inhibiting employees capacity to deliver quality service.

Really a meh job. Good pay during holidays tho.

Current Employee - Consultative Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Consultative Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Sears

Pros

Good pay during holidays.
    Commission pay.

Cons

Commission pay.
    Department under staff year long until holidays.
    Supervisors who are lazy and have less education and knowhow than you.
    Unprofessional work environmental.
    Managers are not required to have college degrees.

Make sure your supervisors actually do some work, and not let them delegate their taskf to the sales people who are not responsible for merchandising. Sales people sell. Hire/ promote competent supervisors/ leads.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears