Seattle Biomedical Research Institute

www.sbri.org

A Great Place to Work on Neglected Diseases

Bioinformatics Scientist (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsSeattle Biomed is a place where you can work and believe without any reservations that your efforts are going to make the world a better place. The people who work here are dedicated, helpful, and happy to collaborate; that helps create a very positive research environment. There are plenty of computational resources available as is necessary to apply systems biology to infectious diseases.

ConsThe last few years have been very difficult as far as funding for the sciences. This has strained Seattle Biomed as it has strained every research institution that I'm familiar with. At Seattle Biomed, some labs have left and the administration folks were particularly hard hit.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe formal systems for reviews and feedback is weak. That hurts morale. Even if the funding situation is too tight for raises, it would really help for employees to know how they're doing.

Good Mission, great staff, nice facilities, lively research culture,but PIs undervalue employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Seattle Biomedical Research Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros: The mission of Seattle BioMed is highly respectable focusing on infectious diseases, particularly HIV, malaria and tuberculosis, which perfectly aligns with funding opportunities from the… Cons: Apart from the big 3 infectious diseases described above, less research is dedicated to the Neglected Tropical Diseases, and in the next 5-10 years, the… Advice to Senior Management: Researchers scientists are an asset, and investment in them will pay off in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Beware, it is not as it seems....

Management (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Seattle Biomedical Research Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: This is a very dysfunctional place to work. I realize there is always dysfunction, but this place takes it to a whole new level. … Cons: Great location, south lake union is hopping. Scientific studies… Advice to Senior Management: Get a clue. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Seattle Biomedical Research Institute.

Worked for Seattle Biomedical Research Institute? Contribute to the Community!