Seattle Central Community College

Unclaimed Profile

Great place to study ..

Current Employee - IT Specialist & PT Faculty in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - IT Specialist & PT Faculty in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Seattle Central Community College full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Seattle Central Community College is located on Capitol Hill, the vibrant urban center of Seattle life. We are an educational home for our students, a leadership incubator for our community and an economic catalyst for our state and beyond. Since 1966, the college has served the higher education and workforce training needs of more than 500,000 students.

Cons

I can not thing of anything at the moment.

Other Employee Reviews for Seattle Central Community College

1. Challenging

Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Seattle Central Community College full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The faculty and students are mostly amazing

Cons

Little pay under constantly shrinking budgets

Advice to Management

Take a paycut

2. Great Group of People

Pros

The IT department was stacked with very competent and qualified staff. Very personable and professional and always willing to lend a hand. No backstabbing for promotions and credit was always giving to those that earned it.

Cons

The IT specialist were above and beyond but the management staff was a little outdated and underqualified. The IT help desk manager could not deal with problems that arose because she was inept. The dean of the IT department was either unable to see the lack of knowledge and skill from some of her management team or she felt sorry for them because they have no business working in the IT department.

Advice to Management

They should have done continued learning classes for management. Quizing the senior staff on updated software and hardware and forcing them to prove their worth would cause them to stay qualified and updated or allowed for others more capable to move into those positions.