Seattle Children's Museum

www.thechildrensmuseum.org
  www.thechildrensmuseum.org
There are newer employer reviews for Seattle Children's Museum

Needs complete reconstruction of Senior Management - not one valuable member on the senior management staff.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Seattle Children's Museum

Pros

The kids smiles when they are enjoying the museum

Cons

no respect from management, treat you like dirt and walk all over you. Want to steal from you.

Treat your employees with respect and listen to their employees instead of only thinking that your view is the only one that matters. Worst management i've ever worked with.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Seattle Children's Museum (View Most Recent)

The experience was a nightmare I could not wake up from.

Former Employee - Director in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I worked at Seattle Children's Museum

Pros

The Museum itself provides a needed resource for parents and a safe place for children to play, explore and learn.

Cons

Across the hallway from the wonderful exhibits that echo with the sounds of joy and squeals of delight is the administrative office of The Children's Museum, Seattle. Inside that office there is no joy- only pained faces of once passionate employees suffering from poor management and constant disrespect. The turnover in the year that I worked at the Museum was more than 100%. Staff try to fill the gaps and after awhile barely remember what their job was suppose to be when they were hired. There is no where to go for support or change - there is no Human Resources - there is nothing remotely human about the CEO. The CEO has such a bad reputation that the Museum has lost its Community Partners - The Science Center, The Children's Theatre, the other Childrens Museums in WA State and OR. Even the Board of Directors is negligent - ignoring the high turnover and the pleas of those who believe in the mission and want to save the institution before it is too late.

If I thought for a minute that it wouldn't fall on deaf ears then I might offer some. My advice is to the Board - WAKE UP! Do some exit interviews. Listen to the hundreds of people that have written you letters. Look at the poor financial situation. If you don't, families of our community will lose this valuable, wonderful, magical Museum.

A sad state of affairs

Former Employee - Ex-employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Ex-employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Seattle Children's Museum

Pros

The opportunity to contribute to a non-profit organization that is devoted to the development of children through experiential play. Incredibly dedicated staff on the front lines.

Cons

Total lack of leadership from senior management and board. Appallingly high staff turnover, lack of fiscal and management oversight by board, "creative" accounting processes that threaten the future of this treasured Seattle icon. Ineffective training, morale lower than any place I have ever worked, a staff that is driven on by threats and fear rather than led with shared vision, enthusiasm and pride.

To the board: replace the CEO before The Children's Museum, Seattle becomes impossible to save.

There are newer employer reviews for Seattle Children's Museum