Seattle Children's Museum

www.thechildrensmuseum.org
  www.thechildrensmuseum.org
There are newer employer reviews for Seattle Children's Museum

Fun job, great mission, invaluable experience.

I have been working at Seattle Children's Museum

Pros

As a non-profit, the Museum offers a lot of valuable job experience. If you are interested in gaining experience in specific part of the Museum, senior management is very good at finding ways to give you that experience. They are also aware that this is not going to be the last job their employees ever have and are happy to prepare them for the next step in their career. It's also pretty great working for a place that does so much with informal learning and the community.

Cons

Employees do tend to wear a lot of hats and, due to the nature of non-profits, are not compensated as amazingly as they deserve.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Seattle Children's Museum (View Most Recent)

New Leadership, New Outlook

I have been working at Seattle Children's Museum full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- The Museum underwent a significant leadership change in mid-2009.
    - Leadership is committed to staff training and offers opportunities for growth and undertaking new challenges.
    - Great relationships between the staff members at all levels and a team atmosphere.

Cons

- it's a non-profit organization which means the salaries are mid-range.
    - a small staff means everyone wears a lot of hats - great for getting to try new things, tough because it requires a lot of work.

Keep up the good work. The Museum in a turn-around story and the staff's hard work is paying off!

I absolutely love my job at the museum!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Seattle Children's Museum full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love working for non profits, because I am making REAL change. If you are in the non profit world you know the cons that go along with working for ANY non profit. Senior management has transformed TCM in the last three years. You now walk into a tight knit team that works HARD together and has fun. Mission is at the forefront of almost all staffs mind. Moral and ethical decisions in regards to staffing, finance, and partnership occur here daily! I miss work and the team I work with when I go on vacation. Its a very special place to work and requires hard work, dedication, and loyalty to last here as an employee. It is a non profit, employees that are happy working here, are here for the change they are making and not the pay check they receive!

Cons

It would be nicer to have higher salaries, really everyone says that, no matter where you work. My only con is that I wish we could have more staff to accomplish some of the really cool wishes and dream the museum has, but I am confident that will come in time!

Keep at it! You guys rock!

There are newer employer reviews for Seattle Children's Museum