There are newer employer reviews for Seattle Children's

Management - Good ole Boys and Girls Club with no skills being a competent manager

I worked at Seattle Children's

Pros

Reputation, which now amazes me. Not sure how a hospital with such broken systems and management is able to succeed, however those at the front lines - docs, nurses, etc. are what make the hospital work. They would have to love their job and the mission to stand working there with some of the managers in place.

Cons

Poor management. The men and women who make up much of the mgmt team are not there due to stellar mgmt skills ... at all. They are there because of number of years they've worked there. Since Children's does not have a layoff policy, instead of bad performance being weeded out, they remain ... making it miserable for the minority ... the folks who actually care about their jobs and are stellar performers.

Advice to Management

Although a no-layoff policy is a great idea for the sense of job security for employees, the cost is iincompetence permeating the organization. The focus should be to weed out and bring in top performers and keep those deserving employees a reason to enjoy their jobs and remain with the organization.

reviews filtered by
  1. very tedious work

Former Employee - Research Intern in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Research Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Seattle Children's

Pros

It was a nice place to work, had my own workspace/cubicle.

Cons

very tedious work, lots of data entry. the environment was very quiet, no socializing whatsoever

2. Excellent, positive working environment. Encourages career growth.

I worked at Seattle Children's

Pros

Great benefits
    Public transportation benefits
    Friendly working environment
    Good pay

Cons

Parking was not very convenient, the lot was located off-site and required a separate shuttle to get to work. Most of the time I would use public transportation due to the great perks but every now and then I would need to drive.