Seattle Public Schools

www.seattleschools.org

Can be a wonderful working environment but politics and budget issues limit mobility

Hourly Payroll and Retirement Analyst (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsMany individual departments are full of capable and dedicated team members that make coming to work a joy.

ConsThe central office can be a volatile place because of budget cuts and school staff that don't appreciate the work of the central office employees. Promotions are promised and then don't materialize because of budgetary reasons.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep your promises of promotion or don't offer them in the first place. Also find a way to get more money from the state!

Had fun working with and helping children, think it was something positive to do in my community with my time.

Special Education Assistant (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at Seattle Public Schools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Enjoyed working with young and being a role model to younger people.… Cons: Adults and staff i worked with could be too judge… Advice to Senior Management: Do a closer screening of people that you hire for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Middle of the Road

Elementary Teacher (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at Seattle Public Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros: Most of the teachers really care about the students Cons: A lot of confusion and not much support from up… More
There are newer reviews on Seattle Public Schools.

Worked for Seattle Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!