Seattle Times
www.seattletimescompany.com Seattle, WA 500 to 999 Employees

Strong name, but no room for career development or growth

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Seattle Times full-time for more than 5 years

ProsStrong and reputable name in the community makes for a somewhat easier sell. Excellent work life balance, and focus on training and staff improvement. Very diverse staff. Loyal and proud employees are common here.

Consmicromanagement and slow process makes it near impossible to create new opportunities for clients, and products to expand our offerings. Company is losing money, and requires furlough for all members of the staff in addition to many cost saving efforts leave the sales team without resources that local competitors' provide. Pay is low for simliar sales positions in market.

Low morale, even lower pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Seattle Times

Pros: The people--met a lot of great friends and enjoyed working with most… Cons: Terrible conditions. The company was always telling people how terrible they were doing. I worked there for almost 5 years and never heard a positive… Advice to Senior Management: Figure out how to get rid of the union. It really creates a lot of animosity that is unnecessary. Plus the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Looks good on the resume, but not a place to grow in one's career

Marketing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Seattle Times

Pros: Great work-life balance - especially if you are an affiliated employee (part of the Newspaper Guild). Managers can be very fair and even inspiring, depending… Cons: Poor communication between departments. Circulation, online operations, advertising and marketing operate largely in silos. Perhaps a big part of it comes from not wanting to… Advice to Senior Management: Be as forthcoming and transparent as possible about what is going on in the company - you'll gain the respect of your teams when you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Seattle Times.

Worked for Seattle Times? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Seattle Times reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Seattle Times CEO Frank A. Blethen. All reviews posted anonymously by Seattle Times employees.