Seattle Times
www.seattletimescompany.com Seattle, WA 500 to 999 Employees

Repeated connections as a consultant

Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Seattle Times as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThe Seattle times still offers a lot of autonomy to each enterprise. The staff I have worked with seem smart, invigorated by their jobs and work environment, and suggest that the management style of the Times is to hire good people and get out of their way.

ConsThe newspaper business is re-inventing itself. Some of the current positions at any newspaper are likely to be transformed to new kinds of jobs. Some people who are doing excellent work may nevertheless lose their jobs, because the jobs itself is terminated, or completely changed.

Trusted Local Brand, Low Morale and No Ambitions

I have been working at Seattle Times

Pros: Trusted brand, great co-workers passionate about their job, potential to… Cons: Speaking from the sales prospective there is a list of problems with the organization. There is a huge division between the online and print… Advice to Senior Management: You have a powerful product. Encourage the entire sales team to build an amazing work culture. Build out new products to compete with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A great place to learn, but not a lot of opportunities for career advancement

I have been working at Seattle Times full-time

Pros: Great opportunities to take on more responsibility and learn new… Cons: Salary and titles/positions do not increase with responsibilities. More

There are newer reviews on Seattle Times.

Worked for Seattle Times? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Seattle Times reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Seattle Times CEO Frank A. Blethen. All reviews posted anonymously by Seattle Times employees.