Sebesta Blomberg

Modern Day Phoenix Story

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Sebesta Blomberg full-time

Pros

Professional, Ethical, Client focused, Passionate about solving engineering problems, Promotion of Work/Life Balance, Well positioned for future growth and success, Aligned perfectly with future engineering needs in in America and Abroad such as Power Delivery, Commissioning, Sustainability, and Smart building design. Safe, Diverse, and open minded culture. It's a great time to be here, and the future looks bright. The train is leaving the platform, get ready for a fun ride.

Cons

Some unavoidable recession baggage still lingers. A few negative Nellys that look out to blame instead of looking in at themsleves and how they can IMPACT clients, and the people around them. Too humble, not good at telling the companies SUCCESS stories! There are hundreds to be proud of.

There is a need to revamp the mentoring program and professional development especially for younger engineers. Maybe even make professional development mandatory for 1 hour per week to show commitment to continued education. Everyone should impact someone else every week OR, time should be spentimpacting yourself in a measurable way. Create a Mandatory weekly huddle to share success stories or recent news from the various groups and teams. Continue to make smart business decisions going forward and don't over extend. Create and promote the new vision of Sebesta Blomberg. Weed out the bad apples.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Sebesta Blomberg (View Most Recent)

The ship is sinking fast.

Current Employee - Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sebesta Blomberg full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some very good project opportunities for those coming right out of school.

Cons

The little bit of remaining talent is unhappy. Good people are leaving the firm almost every month. The board of directors and the entire management staff don't know what they are doing. The CEO works from home and is apparently not committed enough to permanantly relocate to the corporate headquarters. The company brand name is now a detriment.

Find a leader that will be in the corporate office managing day to day activities.

Great Company with Foward Thinking Potential

Current Employee - Lead Engineer
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer

I have been working at Sebesta Blomberg full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I started at and have remained with this form for several years now and it has provided me great opportunities both professionally and personally to grow. The firm has encouraged my growth through training that allowed me to achieve my Professional Engineering (PE) license as well as other certifications which have made me more marketable. The firm has made recent strategic decisions to put the firm in better financial footing for the future. These have resulting in negative reviews in the marketplace by former employees who were released based on job performance and client feedback. Overall the company has great work life balance, great pay, higher than average PTO, and employee stock ownership programs. The best pro is the ability to work on high profile projects with clients that appreciate our technical skills and solutions based business model.

Cons

During the 2010 and 2011 fiscal years the company made bad economic decisions and office lease agreements which were detrimental to the company. The new leadership has since mitigated most of those issues and has implemented a recovery plan.

Continue to encourage our Work Hard, Play Hard model and continue to recognize outstanding performers.

There are newer employer reviews for Sebesta Blomberg