Secure-24

There are newer employer reviews for Secure-24

Growing stronger every day

Current Employee - Engineering in Southfield, MI
Current Employee - Engineering in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's very much a 'get the job done' type of atmosphere. There is a laid back work environment, but the general idea is that you need to be able to deliver and work hard at any time, sometimes put in some unusual hours...or you won't be around for long. If you're the type that can't handle that atmosphere or are a clock watcher, it's not for you. I've seen teams pull together and solve problems and support each other to get issues resolved...compared to other companies, where the same situation would either turn into a finger pointing game or a drawn out political tangle. The hiring philosophy tends to focus on getting people in the door that have the potential to grow, which I enjoy much more than working with people who are stuck in their role or burned out from years in the same position. It's nice to work with people who are enthusiastic about sharing knowledge at all levels, rather than guarding it in their own personal silo for some sort of psuedo job protection.

Cons

The hours can get a little intense and the on boarding is a little rough around the edges. There's a fairly fresh middle management group so they're still shaking out some processes as the company has gone through fast growth.

Strive to keep the atmosphere in place that helped the company get to where it is today.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Secure-24 (View Most Recent)

Fast-growing company... great to work for!

Current Employee - Intern in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Intern in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very cool work atmosphere. Pool table, pinball, and foosball in the lunch room. Starbucks coffee for all. Unique company culture. Everyone I've had the pleasure of working with is friendly and helpful.

Cons

Because the company is moving and growing so quickly, there are some growing pains. As processes and standards are being set in place, the adjustment can be hard to get used to.

Great place to work- Had 3 competing offers for my services

Current Employee - Engineer in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Engineer in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been here a little over 7 months and so far it's been great- The company is small enough where they allow me to think outside of the box and present new ideas but also large enough to manage some of the worlds largest companies IT needs. I had 3 offers for my services and narrowed it down to Secure-24 and one other. I think I made the right choice.
    It sounds like the complaining in the other reviews are disgruntled employees but I have yet to see what they didn't like (or at least the extent that they talk about) regarding this place.
    I came from another local company that specialized in "online contests" and can tell you that Secure-24 is light years ahead as far as letting me run with new ideas. As far as sales goes, what can I say. I am an engineer and they sell the stuff. We are never going to always agree. It was the same at my previous two employers but we need them and the ABSOLUTLEY need us!! It's only been less then a year so far but from most everything I have seen/done I am very happy with my choice and I hope I can say the same thing 12 months from now. BTW-not many companies pay 100% of your medical insurance coverage and I have a wife and 2 kids that I don't pay a dime for!

Cons

Sometimes have some long hours and I think we should be compensated better for "overtime" as putting in 12 hours can be tedious.

As your company continues to grow make sure you are putting qualified leaders into leadership roles.

There are newer employer reviews for Secure-24