There are newer employer reviews for SecureState

Opportunities Always Present Themselves for those who seek them

Current Employee - Privacy Officer, Manager  in  Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Privacy Officer, Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at SecureState

Pros

I left a very lucrative position in a $100 billion dollar financial institution to expand my resume' and for personal growth. SecureState has offered that and more: Learning on steroids while leveraging existing experience. This is the best of both worlds, productive immediately with numerous growth opportunities.

Cons

Working for a small company has it's pros and cons: nimble and without red tape, sometimes lacks strucuture. Structure cripples many companies and the government, but I think there is a happy medium.

Leadership is solid and appears to have a keen eye for industry trends. Need to not lose sight of its core value and mission as the company continues its growth.

4 Other Employee Reviews for SecureState (View Most Recent)

If you want a career and not a job and have a lot of fun this is the place!!

I have been working at SecureState full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Limitless opportunities. If you want to grow and learn from the best SecureState is it. Small enough to still have a family feel, large enough to compete with the best! Company sponsored events, great brainstorming sessions, and lots of laughs.

Cons

If you want a 9-5 job this is not the place. You have to work hard and prove yourself, but once you do your career will soar

Keep the culture, we want "A" players on our teams!

Turnover Nightmare!

Former Employee - Sales  in  Bedford Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Bedford Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I worked at SecureState full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Bar on premise
    - Occasional after-hours events
    - Summer cookouts
    - Fully stocke kitchen

Cons

- Churn and burn environment. They go through employee's like water through a sieve. Look on other b-to-b peer websites and see how many former employee's they have. You'll be amazed
    - Reviews posted on here were all posted on the same date after a negative review was posted...h-m-m-m, very suspicious.
    - They want you to learn the Sandler Sales system but don't enroll you in a formal program. They give you cd's and expect you to learn from that. You never see it work in action. I asked repeatedly to see how the process works from start to finish and was never shown how it works.
    - Very poor marketing ideas. They think they are a Silicon Valley company. They spend tons of money on marketing campaigns that don't work. This is not the fault of the marketing department, but as a result of the ego of the owner.
    - They ask you to devote the time to develop a market strategy and campaign, but don't allow you the time to do so. If they ask you to develop a specific market, they want results within weeks. Sorry boys, it takes a minimum of a year to do that.
    - You're asked to do a 30-60-90 day review and if you don't possess the knowledge of the owner, you will be insulted upon completion. He's big on ego and insults, constantly reminding you that you're not as smart as him and you should be lucky to work there.
    - They have no effective way to support their sales staff and help them get in doors. They hired a telemarketing firm to try to set up appointments, but they do just as poorly as the sales staff.
    - One salesperson actually said to me "I don't cold call. I don't like to do. I just take the calls that come in." Unbelieveable! To that point, 85% of their business is repeat business. Very little effort to establish new business contacts. Perhaps that's why growth in the company is stagnant.

- Doesn't matter. When you have an ego the size of this company's owner, advice is just wasted.

- If this company is so great to work for as the reviews suggest (again, all posted on the same day) why do you have so many ex-employees. Can't all be the fault of the employee.

- People are relived to be out of this company. Ask yourself why?

There are newer employer reviews for SecureState

Worked for SecureState? Contribute to the Community!