Securitas Security Services USA

www.securitas.com
  www.securitas.com
There are newer employer reviews for Securitas Security Services USA

A greta place to work if you are willing to work hard and earn your way up the corporate ladder.

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Orange, CA
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

Stability in a tough economic climate, great training and support. National and global opportunities. They have almost unlimited training resources for their people, and are not afraid to spend money on people they think are worth it. They oporate with their core values in mind, and are always looking to improve their product and their compnay. Their open door policy is legitimate unlike many other companies. They look out for their guards and their admin people. They do not let improper behaviour stand, and the corporate management works as hard as anyone.

Cons

It is an established compnay with people that have years of experience in front of an incoming employee, so it can be hard for some people to move up. Their flat organization management tool is great as a manager, but it does allow for some improper behaviour in the field to go unnoticed if the manager is not proactive.

Keep a slighly tighter leash on the managers and how they handle their employees. Proper documentation and incident tracking could save everyone a lot of money.

614 Other Employee Reviews for Securitas Security Services USA (View Most Recent)

Good company if you want to be a security officer.

Former Employee - Security Officer in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Miami, FL

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

Recognizable company. The salary also I think is competitive with other similar companies.The uniforms also are not that bad, I have seen much worse.

Cons

I didn't have any complaints while working there. The same as in other security companies, the work itself can involve standing on your feet all day long. Sometimes when someone doesn't show up for work, the supervisor is calling other workers and is desperate to fill the position and can be a little annoying. They require that you give them 2 weeks notice if you want to quit the job. I did that, I told my supervisor that I am leaving, but after 2 weeks his boss was not happy because he wanted that notice in writing.

I cannot think of any.

Securitas is a decent stepping stone, but lower than average pay for management.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

Talented middle management and decent training. Depending on job assignment, even advanced training is pretty good. Again, depending on location, the starting pay is equal to (or better than in some cases) other contract security companies. Employs both armed and unarmed officers, and pay is often based on qualifications held or needed for particular accounts. Benefits for management personnel are ok.

Cons

The pay scale is mediocre, at best, for mid level management positions, with little opportunity for advancement. Once a management position is gained, training is nearly non-existent, although this is beginning to get better. No sick days for hourly employees, and benefits are poor.

Senior Management should be more in touch with the responsibilities and duties of all employees below them in the chain of command; more meaningful recognition for outstanding work.

There are newer employer reviews for Securitas Security Services USA