There are newer employer reviews for Securitas Security Services USA

Pay was low.

Former Employee - Security Officer  in  Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Security Officer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Big company, so there are a lot more opportunities than a small company to move around.

Cons

The pay is low, they could pay a few dollars an hour more.

The pay needs to be a lot better. You could get a better employee with better pay too.

531 Other Employee Reviews for Securitas Security Services USA (View Most Recent)

Good and bad of working for Securitas Bose Corporation Security in Massachusetts

Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer  in  Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Framingham, MA

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA part-time for less than a year

Pros

Entry level positions usually pay 10.00$/ HR+. Good for 18 year old person to have as a first job out of high school that is above minimum wage. Not a difficult job to accomplish, Not much supervision, so you won't have to have your boss breathing down your neck, and it's not an impossibly fast paced job, so whatever objectives must be completed within the allotted shift, will undoubtedly be completed each and every time. Excellent part-time work for those involved in higher education work, It's low stress, and will leave you enough money and energy to carry you over as you get a degree.

Cons

Usually entry level positions will not be first shift during the week so depending on your posting, YOUR ALL ALONE. My shift was the sat/sun 4:OOPM-12:00AM, and there was no one to talk to, know one to interact with except for the other officers in the other facilities who would monitor my cameras while I was on patrol.. VERY BORING AND RESTLESS, and a lot of sitting. Beware of the offer to be a Floater my account only offered a 1.00$ raise to basically sell your freedom to the company and work every and any shift they tell you to. Also, my account did not pay a nigh-shift differential to those doing overnights, the base pay was the same, 11.25$/HR for anyone contracted to anyone contracted to Bose Corporation Security.

Pay a night shift differential.

Positive and safe company to work for

Former Employee - Lead Security Officer  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Security Officer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Raises (If you work well and dont mess up)
    Ease of job
    People I worked with

Cons

Some people think of security as a joke. They get this notion because of the lazy people that are a bit over abundant in the Security field. Truth be told there are a lot of lazy people that dont care. But the better officers usually get what they deserve and the lesser officers usually just complain.

Make sure that if your going to hire someone they have a positive attitude and dont give off any negative vibes. Its difficult to gauge a person in thirty or so minutes so talk to them on a personal level as well and notice the less then consistent answers they will probably give you.

There are newer employer reviews for Securitas Security Services USA

Worked for Securitas Security Services USA? Contribute to the Community!