Securitas Security Services USA

There are newer employer reviews for Securitas Security Services USA

Pay was low.

Former Employee - Security Officer in Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Security Officer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Big company, so there are a lot more opportunities than a small company to move around.

Cons

The pay is low, they could pay a few dollars an hour more.

Advice to Management

The pay needs to be a lot better. You could get a better employee with better pay too.

reviews filtered by
  1. Decent part-time gigs

Former Employee - Officer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Officer in Boston, MA

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good opportunity for entry-level/recent grads looking for part time or full time work.

Cons

Usually terrible hours, but I suppose that's the nature of the job.

Advice to Management

n/a

2. Dissatisfied, underpaid and disrespected.

Current Employee - Security Officer
    Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good: you sit there at a post. Maybe do your rounds a couple times.

Cons

For a job thats this easy and clearcut why does securitas side and client side management always show
    Up at my post asking me to do things like pull up my pantlegs so they can see what color socks im wearing, pull up my shirt so they can see if my belt is on... sometimes they just show up to intimidate you and no im not just making it up but thats mostly the account manager and his higher ups.securitas management all the way up until undet the acct mgr. HATE the acct manager so bad even the officers hear about it. My pay goes up like 20 c a year and you actually have to remind them to give it to you. They jipped me on my one year vacation pay. I work a f/t 40 hours and they only paid me for 37.96. they get mad if you dont work 50-60 hour workweeks yet in their policy says they value reasonable pay and working hours more than anything. One guy was so tires he alnost fell asleep at the wheel and most caused an accident cause he pulls 90 hour workweeks. Honestly ive been looking for a new job ever since I got here. Theres something seriously wrong when the security companies clients are nicer to you than the security company. Oh wait but were not allowed to be friendly with them. Discrete and quick converaations at most. Honestly management thinks theyre straightening us out but theyre really only embaressing themselves to the client because I can tell the client is picking up on it that we all hate this place.

Advice to Management

Many of the officers have more common sense than you do and arent being challenged or respected enough. Once you begin challenging officers and giving them positions of respect instead of literally making them feel like youre humiliated to show our ugly faces to your little beloved client then you will see results.

There are newer employer reviews for Securitas Security Services USA