There are newer employer reviews for Securitas Security Services USA

Securitas

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

Job Security. If you want to work there will always be work for you. Never any pay discrepancies.

Cons

Pay, no room for advancement. People are constantly leaving and coming. Securitas is a revolving door. Not a career. They really don't care about you as a person.

reviews filtered by
  1. Red flags from the get go.

Former Employee - Security Officer in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They will give you a job and pay you to do it.

Cons

Pretty much everything under the sun. Low pay, no raises, no advancement, no health benefits even at 40+hr/wk, crazy schedule that constantly changes, lousy management at all levels, very poor training and having to work with some of the most terrible people I have ever met.

We were only required to have 8 hours of training before we could start working. That 8 hours was mostly spent going over the history of Securitas as a company with little actual focus on how to be a security guard or how to operate lawfully in Colorado. I worked several sites and was trained for each post by another security guard who would often have only a little more knowledge about the post then I did. Most of the time we would just mimic the person who came before us and hope there were no major screw ups. Frankly, the job was embarrassing. The pay is low and I spoke with multiple people who had worked with the company for years, never receiving a raise or promotion. I liked many of the people I worked with, but there were also several others that were just some of the most grinding and difficult people to be around. Communication with management only works in one direction. They tell you where to be and when to be there, you don't tell them anything. As long as a person is capable of doing that then most other personal shortcomings will be over looked.

"Have another drink, smoke another cigar, who cares what some chump says on the internet?"

2. Never Work for Securitas

Former Employee - Security Officer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good about this company!

Cons

First of all, The hiring process is joke, I was told to start work on thursday but they didn't told my trainer that I'm coming. When I finally got the site, They didn't fire the person I was suppose to replace, so it was huge conflict. The work place is joke because you have to be servant for the client, Even if what they ask is not in the post orders and if you say no, they write letter to management of the property and you got written up by Securitas. The upper level managers are VERY INEXPERIENCED, They have no idea what they doing and who they hiring. Its all Joke.

Get your things together, I'm not working for them anymore.

There are newer employer reviews for Securitas Security Services USA