There are newer employer reviews for Securitas Security Services USA

Not recommended if you have a young family

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

Moved up quickly, they certainly take notice of good work. Progressive and positive discipline for the most part. Cognizant of work laws.

Cons

Pay rates are laughable for anyone under a branch manager level. They expect you to be available and dedicated 24/7 which is hard when you have a family. They don't train properly, you get thrown in. Regularly increasing work load with no pay increase. You are expected to go in during major snow storms/inclement weather. Security is a tough field, make sure you understand what is expected of you.

Your staff needs more help. More workers! Employees cannot be expendable at the snap of the client's fingers. This is their livelihood. A different attitude with clients might lead to a stronger relationship. Let them see you treat your officers with respect!

reviews filtered by
  1. Securitas

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

Job Security. If you want to work there will always be work for you. Never any pay discrepancies.

Cons

Pay, no room for advancement. People are constantly leaving and coming. Securitas is a revolving door. Not a career. They really don't care about you as a person.

2. Red flags from the get go.

Former Employee - Security Officer in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They will give you a job and pay you to do it.

Cons

Pretty much everything under the sun. Low pay, no raises, no advancement, no health benefits even at 40+hr/wk, crazy schedule that constantly changes, lousy management at all levels, very poor training and having to work with some of the most terrible people I have ever met.

We were only required to have 8 hours of training before we could start working. That 8 hours was mostly spent going over the history of Securitas as a company with little actual focus on how to be a security guard or how to operate lawfully in Colorado. I worked several sites and was trained for each post by another security guard who would often have only a little more knowledge about the post then I did. Most of the time we would just mimic the person who came before us and hope there were no major screw ups. Frankly, the job was embarrassing. The pay is low and I spoke with multiple people who had worked with the company for years, never receiving a raise or promotion. I liked many of the people I worked with, but there were also several others that were just some of the most grinding and difficult people to be around. Communication with management only works in one direction. They tell you where to be and when to be there, you don't tell them anything. As long as a person is capable of doing that then most other personal shortcomings will be over looked.

"Have another drink, smoke another cigar, who cares what some chump says on the internet?"

There are newer employer reviews for Securitas Security Services USA