Working at Securitas is what you make of it

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Wide variety of posts, positions and responsibilities abound with Securitas. Good supervisors. Local branch management has progressed since 2009. I have brought family members into the company because of the potential of the company. They actively support the Guard/ Reserve.

Cons

Failure of local personnel to ride herd on new employees for fear of litigation/ unemployment claims.
Accordingly, there is continued tolerance of mediocre personnel just to fill slots.
Realignment of the Areas has not benefited local Securitas personnel.

Do not refer to me as a Security Guard. I am a Securitas Security Officer, it annoys me to be compared with Sterling, Advance and other companies with mediocre officers. Do NOT tie my hands in doing my job - stop being so litigation shy that we forget our job requirements. Hire management and support personnel that have been Officers; I am perplexed when I go to yet another renewal classes where yet another HR Trainer who has NEVER walked a mile in my shoes tells me how to do my job. Interview your supervisors that out in the trenches, find out where we, those that carry the water, believe that the company can improve in screening applicants and what we need from Area Management to improve profitability in the field.