Securities America

www.securitiesamerica.com
  www.securitiesamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Securities America

It all depends on you and your book of busines.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Securities America

Pros

Good payout of commissions relative to other brokers

Cons

You need to learn everything on your own. If you want additional training you have to pay for it. No personalized onsite training, all computer based.

N/A

16 Other Employee Reviews for Securities America (View Most Recent)

Securities America Review

Current Employee - Consultant in La Vista, NE
    Current Employee - Consultant in La Vista, NE

I have been working at Securities America

Pros

Great Culture, there is a real sense of family within the company. Many people are friends outside of work and get together on a regular basis. If you work hard you will be rewarded, if you have ideas you can share them without fear of rejection. The Executives truly have an open door policy, they know your name and say hello, they will have a conversation with you.

Cons

Highly regulated industry tends to influence stricter policies on things such as internet usage. Due to industry, we don't get all holidays off as we are only closed if the Stock Market is closed.

Communication is a lynchpin of a successful organization, continue to maintain the emphasis on communication from the Executive level down to middle management and onward to the workforce. Your efforts to make sure all employees are in the "know" when it comes to important decisions and policies is more important than you might think and appreciated.

Get Ahead in the Financial Services Industry

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Securities America

Pros

Securiteis America is a great place to work. If you are a competant hard worker the management team will notice your hard work and Securities America has several internal program for helping people become better leaders. These programs include and "Emerging Leaders Program" and "Leadership Discussion Groups" and they are designed to help employees excel into leadership positions. This is a great place to gain the knowledge required to build a career in the finanical services industry.

Cons

Securities America's business directly correlates with the economy and more particularly the stock markets. Although we see both of these making a recovery the company will remain cautious about its growth prospects through 2010. Although the company remains cautious which limits the prospects for "immediate" promotion, but I feel that the company is in the right place for growth when the economy turns the corner.

I believe it is important to work to retain top talent throughout the organization. I have read several articles on what happens to employees as the economy strengthens and recently there was a shift that there are now more employees voluntarily leaving employment for new positions than being laid off. These articles identify that many top employees feel it is easier find a better work experience with a new company than with their current company. Securities America's leadership should identify ways to help their top employees focus more on their strengths.

There are newer employer reviews for Securities America