Security National Financial

www.securitynational.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Security National Financial

Was good and was once proud to work there, but once terrible changes were made I am no longer happy.

I have been working at Security National Financial

Pros

Mainly 8:00 am to 5:00 pm work days during the week. Work one Sunday per month, and two Saturdays per month. 2 weeks paid vacation each year, paid sick time, 401k, good co-workers for the most part.

Cons

No follow-through with client families for the most part. Everyone is given a task to do each day, and that's all they are supposed to do for the most part. There are some exceptions but they have departmentalized our funeral home so there are groups of us that only focus on one thing, nearly 100% of the time. This does not allow for variety and makes it more like an 8-5 job instead of a place that used to be enjoyable to work.

Advice to Management

Humble yourselves and listen to the employees. Without employees, companies would be nothing. Eventually, if things continue in this direction, our competitors will be where we are at now and we will no longer be one of the big dogs in town. Ask clients what they'd rather have, then go with that. If it weren't for our clients, we wouldn't have jobs.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Not bad

I worked at Security National Financial

Pros

I enjoyed the department I worked in, and the people I worked with. The pay was not bad, would have liked more, but accepted what they offered me.

Cons

There were really no major cons to working at Security National, except it was always really cold in the office.

2. Great Company

Current Employee - TQM and Sales Operations Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - TQM and Sales Operations Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Security National Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and management. Very flexible with schedules. Very fun atmosphere to work in. co-workers are great and there are many opportunities to grow.

Cons

None. Security National Financial Corporation is a great place to work. I've never had a negative experience there and would recommend working there to anyone.

Advice to Management

Always be willing to listen to employees suggestions. Make sure to let your employees try new things as well. I think management does this but maybe could work on it a little more.