There are newer employer reviews for Security National Financial

Growth and change would help.

Former Employee - Branch Manager in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Branch Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Security National Financial

Pros

If you like a challange - you would fit in.

Cons

Mid level leadership is blinded by fear of losing jobs.

Let the team grow into success. The people you hire know where they are and it will help to adapt to the surrounding areas other than Utah.

reviews filtered by
  1. Was good and was once proud to work there, but once terrible changes were made I am no longer happy.

I have been working at Security National Financial

Pros

Mainly 8:00 am to 5:00 pm work days during the week. Work one Sunday per month, and two Saturdays per month. 2 weeks paid vacation each year, paid sick time, 401k, good co-workers for the most part.

Cons

No follow-through with client families for the most part. Everyone is given a task to do each day, and that's all they are supposed to do for the most part. There are some exceptions but they have departmentalized our funeral home so there are groups of us that only focus on one thing, nearly 100% of the time. This does not allow for variety and makes it more like an 8-5 job instead of a place that used to be enjoyable to work.

Humble yourselves and listen to the employees. Without employees, companies would be nothing. Eventually, if things continue in this direction, our competitors will be where we are at now and we will no longer be one of the big dogs in town. Ask clients what they'd rather have, then go with that. If it weren't for our clients, we wouldn't have jobs.

2. Not bad

I worked at Security National Financial

Pros

I enjoyed the department I worked in, and the people I worked with. The pay was not bad, would have liked more, but accepted what they offered me.

Cons

There were really no major cons to working at Security National, except it was always really cold in the office.

There are newer employer reviews for Security National Financial