Security National Financial

www.securitynational.com
There are newer employer reviews for Security National Financial

Not bad

I worked at Security National Financial

Pros

I enjoyed the department I worked in, and the people I worked with. The pay was not bad, would have liked more, but accepted what they offered me.

Cons

There were really no major cons to working at Security National, except it was always really cold in the office.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Security National Financial (View Most Recent)

Good Company

Former Employee - Desktop Publisher in Murray, UT
    Former Employee - Desktop Publisher in Murray, UT

I worked at Security National Financial part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone works hard and is down to earth. I felt safe working here and enjoyed the lifestyle of the business and what they do.

Cons

Office space was a little packed, but not something major to fit about.

A stepping stone to nowhere...

Former Employee - Office in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Office in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Security National Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay for the work. Good scheduling. Good work/life balance. If you don't want to progress in a career, and just like mundane under appreciated work for good pay - this is the job for you.

Cons

Nepotism is one of the biggest issues at this company. You can work harder, more hours, and get more done than you could imagine - all for nothing, because you don't have the right last name. Raises are very slim, they don't pay out your vacation or sick when you leave (Which it does state in the employee handbook, but come on, not even a thank you note?). Most of your work goes un-noticed and under appreciated anyway.
    The management doesn't care about you as a person, they just care that you get work done. If you aren't part of a tight knit community of family members or people who know family members personally, you will never progress. The only people who are executive levels are family friends and direct family members or the person who started the business, there is absolutely no room for growth - although they try to appease your desire to grow with what they call "lateral shift", jargon for "let's give you twice the responsibility for no more pay.."

It's nearly impossible to take time off, because the day you do, no one else knows how to function. Most of the family members only work about 10 months of the year (this goes for executive down to entry level). They don't know their employees, they don't care about their employees, their management reeks of falsehood and embellished growth.

So if you hate going to work everyday, but enjoy decent pay. This is the place that you would fit the best in. Also, be sure to check that you have the right last name, it means you get to take vacations without using vacation time, (Talk about a BENEFIT!)

Thank your employees....daily.
    Let them take time off for a vacation once a blue moon.
    Get a new building, hire more people, grow. Stop putting money into your own greedy pocket that could be spent on building a new workspace, hiring more employees and helping the company actually grow even more past its current state.
    Thank your employees...daily... did I mention that already?
    Don't downsize people who have worked there for over 20 years because you want to go on a bigger vacation, buy a bigger boat, or buy a bigger house. That just doesn't jive.

There are newer employer reviews for Security National Financial