Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Fantastic Experience Thus Far

Current Employee - Systems Analyst/Programmer - Intermediate in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Systems Analyst/Programmer - Intermediate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Pros

* Technically, my leadership and I mesh extremely well, have the same hot-button issues, the same concerns when it comes to writing code.
* Loads of freedom to innovate and solve problems creatively, but also well-supported by large amount of constantly-improving library code.
* All tools aside from the obvious tech-specific ones (Toad, Visual Studio, etc) are developed in-house. This is a "pro" because it allows us to deal with the results of our own work, keeps us always looking to improve the experience.
* Work area is spacious and well-ventilated, with a good outside view of the nicely maintained grounds, complete with shady trees and garden.
* Location is a mere two blocks from LOADS of shopping, lots of lunchtime food destinations, great for entertaining out-of-towners.

Cons

* CR (HR support) is conspicuously absent in Atlanta. All onboarding was handled through remote offices.
* Getting set up with a good development machine has proven to be a challenge, but not one we can't overcome.

Focus in on what is needed to enable your people to do the best job they can do for you. The more empowered the employees are to do the job assigned, the more successful they will be, and therefore the more successful YOU will be.

281 Other Employee Reviews for Sedgwick Claims Management Services (View Most Recent)

Everyone had Poor Management Syndrome

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Pros

Industry is very stable as it is IT Healthcare and there is no shortage of project work - EVER!

Cons

Management was out of touch with employees and strategic direction at the top was misaligned. Overall communication between and to/from Sr. Management was very poor. C-level executives who protected their employees and were outspoken didn't last long - it was a culture of who you knew vs. what your area of expertise was - would not recommend to anyone until improvements are made.

Communication is never overrated, neither is appreciating employees for a job well done. Hire non-biased executives with true leadership potential and don't let the CIO bring in whomever he knows instead.

Overworked and underpaid

Current Employee - LTD Case Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - LTD Case Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Pros

Working with the leader in employee absence management.

Cons

Case load does not allow you to do your best work.

Negotiate contracts with the clients with the workers in mind. Sure we are getting all of the business, but at what cost to employee morale. The workers are relied upon by management to fulfill client contracts.

There are newer employer reviews for Sedgwick Claims Management Services