Sedgwick Claims Management Services

There are newer employer reviews for Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Company has great intentions

Former Employee - Claims Examiner
Former Employee - Claims Examiner

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome PTO package that you are able to utilize after only a couple months. Healthcare benefits are average. I wouldn't have the knowledge I have today if I hadn't worked at SCMS

Cons

Company plays favorites and if you are a person that "rocks the boat" and will not conform to what they feel is management characteristics you will never be promoted despite all the hard work you give them. People who do only mediocre work tend to be promoted over the people who truley deserve it. Expectations of the employees are different and if you are a good performer you will be expected to pick up the slack of your co-workers.

Promote based on qualifications and capabilities. Stop promoting people to their highest level of incompetence.

282 Other Employee Reviews for Sedgwick Claims Management Services (View Most Recent)

This is the company is so cheap and does not respect employees! Do not choose this company!!!

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The vacation time off of work is generous, but it is almost impossible to use it without suffering when you come back from work.

Cons

understaffed, micromanagement, the management is out of touch with its employees, and the pay is terrible.

hire more people and treat current employee better, then the turn over rate would not be so high!!!

Be prepared to sign off on inadequate quality to get your closures....

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Pros

Turnover is so high, there will are always job postings for folks in transition. You'll be fine if you can train yourself, review and sign yourself up for benefits, get paid for 7.5 hour day, but work 9+ to get the ridiculous work load completed. This is not a career move, this is income to carry you while you search for your real job.

Cons

Prepare to be grossly under-employed. Salary and raises won't cover the cost of living increases. Throw away everything that you have been taught about claims handling and prepare for your new target of doing only the minimum required to get a closure. There is no need for an analytical mind, fill in the blank format, and 100% closure rate is required to keep your job. DO NOT consider anything that you are doing here as preparing yourself to be employable anywhere else. (Most companies would not tollerate your proficiency in not getting your best result) New claims count of 3 to 20 a day is not out of the question. There is NO consistency on handling decisions from one leader to the next. The person sitting next to you will have different rules. Although you will be hired onto a team, it's all you baby...you are all alone. There are NO bonuses, no comendations, or extras, all activities are employee funded.

There is so much wasted time, resources, and redundant effort in the claim system. Are there no programmers in the company? How about excercising efficiencies and eliminating some steps, saving some time and and get the biggest impact out of the workday? How about claim assistants getting actual facetime on claims to ease the adjuster loads on menial tasks; prepare the assistants for advancement? Cut and Pasting Supervisor notes into each file is not really supervising...but that makes sense since they are now considered team leaders. Can someone in Corporate actually get some training on metrics and efficiencies and start visiting your branches and colleagues? We do not trust the branch leader to stand behind committments to meet with us on feedback, let alone convey the information for consideration of more fluid processes at the corporate level, how can we expect meaninful change, accountability, and growth? What is this, the 80's? Why do I still have paper files? This company has the potential to be phenominal! North, you need to work on quality all around, from your claims handlers who employ your programs to the environment we work in. Would it kill you to promote some healthy competition between collegues and other branches and throw some performance bonuses together? I would like to think that my passion for this business has a value.

There are newer employer reviews for Sedgwick Claims Management Services