Sedgwick Claims Management Services

www.sedgwickcms.com

Great place to work at - if the industry is for you.

Claims Professional Trainee - IAP (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA

ProsGreat co-workers! The starting pay is competitive and you can't beat the generous benefits package that starts on day one of hire. This particular location was very focused on achieving a strong team spirit - lots of activities and events to help break the monotony. Growing company with an impressive list of clients.

ConsAlthough you get trained at "Claims College" its not enough to prepare you for the workload ahead. The workload starts light but quickly escalates in volume and difficulty (sink or swim scenario). If you don't enjoy this industry - it may be hard to succeed. Out of the 4 people hired for my location, only two stayed with the company. Expect to work very long hours. Expect to be on the phone all day and reviewing an endless stream of digital documents and e-mails. A sense of completion is non existent in this industry. There is plenty of paid time off, but when people come back from vacation they literally spend days catching up.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to hire individuals that will succeed in this industry. Be more particular in the selection process - people with interest in the legal or health industry are your best bet.

An absolute nightmare!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Pros: No Pros can be said about this outfit. Cons: Poor management. Unbelieveable workload that the most talented can not management. Management defiant that it can be done, which is a delusion. Terrible place… Advice to Senior Management: Complete overhaul of this company is needed, from the top… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sedgwick CMS pays too little, expects too much

Senior Disability Specialist (Current Employee) Irving, TX

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time for more than a year

Pros: job stability willingness to transfer between locations Cons: high caseloads, long hours menial pay/ raises micro-managed Advice to Senior Management: A "top performer" does not a good manager make. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Worked for Sedgwick Claims Management Services? Contribute to the Community!