Sedgwick Claims Management Services

www.sedgwickcms.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Great place to work at - if the industry is for you.

Former Employee - Claims Professional Trainee - IAP in Long Beach, CA
Former Employee - Claims Professional Trainee - IAP in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers! The starting pay is competitive and you can't beat the generous benefits package that starts on day one of hire. This particular location was very focused on achieving a strong team spirit - lots of activities and events to help break the monotony. Growing company with an impressive list of clients.

Cons

Although you get trained at "Claims College" its not enough to prepare you for the workload ahead. The workload starts light but quickly escalates in volume and difficulty (sink or swim scenario). If you don't enjoy this industry - it may be hard to succeed. Out of the 4 people hired for my location, only two stayed with the company. Expect to work very long hours. Expect to be on the phone all day and reviewing an endless stream of digital documents and e-mails. A sense of completion is non existent in this industry. There is plenty of paid time off, but when people come back from vacation they literally spend days catching up.

Make sure to hire individuals that will succeed in this industry. Be more particular in the selection process - people with interest in the legal or health industry are your best bet.

305 Other Employee Reviews for Sedgwick Claims Management Services (View Most Recent)

Claims Examiner I

Former Employee - Claims Examiner I in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Claims Examiner I in Portland, OR

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

steady job, solid management and company, kept us informed about what was going on, open.

Cons

a lot of work on your desk, too much for 1 person to do

An absolute nightmare!!!

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Pros

No Pros can be said about this outfit.

Cons

Poor management. Unbelieveable workload that the most talented can not management. Management defiant that it can be done, which is a delusion. Terrible place to work. Morale low. Company operates on a low plane. Expectations obtuse compared to reality. Company recently bought out. That may be a good thing.

Complete overhaul of this company is needed, from the top headquarters throughout. A bad deal..

There are newer employer reviews for Sedgwick Claims Management Services