Selby Jennings

www.selbyjennings.com
  www.selbyjennings.com
There are newer employer reviews for Selby Jennings

Fun, young atmosphere - with very good salary, if you put the work in

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Selby Jennings full-time

Pros

It's a young company across the board, so the work atmosphere is fun and vibrant. If you work well and consistently then the salary is quite a bit above average salary. If you work very hard, then the salary is excellent. Your goals are obvious, and you know exactly how, when and how much your reward will be, which is a good motivator.

Cons

The work can be monotonous. There can be periods where it is not very prosperous even when you are working very hard. Part of the work is luck, which can be infuriating, but the more things you have going on the more chance you have of things going through. Career progression is only possible through very high billings.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Selby Jennings (View Most Recent)

Disgusting treatment

Current Employee - Graduate Trainee Consultant
    Current Employee - Graduate Trainee Consultant

I have been working at Selby Jennings

Pros

Only reason to work here is it is 'claimed' you can earn 100,000 a year.

Cons

Staff are rude.
    Money-motivated company.
    Cheques are posted over the walls - which they tell you to look at, at the assessment day - I was cringing!
    Employees earnings are written on a white board openly in the office 'just to keep competitve levels high' (therefore very unprofessional)
    Only a few are actually from red-brick universities, I am pretty sure one employee did not even have a degree.
    Long hours.

Lie to candidates just to get names of senior people in banks such as HSBC, pretty sure this is illegal e.g. Phone call from Employee at Selby jennings or a brand such as carlton senior appointments: Hi Carlton senior appoinments here, how are you etc. I saw your cv on E-Financial careers etc., what was the name of the person at your last HSBC inteview was it ....(made up name), candidate: No it was ...(actual name)" - all they want is a name from a senior person at a bank so they can pester them, they do not care about the welfare or emotions of the candidate they are supposedly 'helping' to find a job.

False hope to candidates they call.

You just have to be very cold hearted and ruthless.
    If you want a lot of money but the worst days of your life this job is for you.
    p.s. the recruitment process is very mickey mouse, dont waste your time and money, go to bigger recruitment firms if recruitment is what you want to go in to.

At the assessment stage (around 11 of you) have to fill out a sheet, which is basically your cv, and then a sheet at the back asks for referrals of names, numbers and email addresses of friends that you think would be good at the job....SCAM!

I CAN ONLY ADVISE GRADUATES NOT TO EVEN APPLY HERE. I ignored a bad review from a website and thought it was probably a bitter person, but they were also right about the company. I do not have a clue how it has won a best recruiter award, they were probably all paid to say how good it is to work there. One employee said to me when she first started she wanted to shoot herself...I should of listened to this at the assessment stage and not gone to the next interviews.

The way I was treated throughout the recruitment stages was unacceptable. One certain member of staff that interviewed me, could only just speak english and spoke to me like I was the lowest of the low. I would love to know what degree she has obtained, but I very much doubt she has. I was appalled by how she spoke to me, there is a grilling at an interview and then there is being quite frankly insulting. I graduated with a 2:1 from a red brick University with a highly academic degree subject. After this awful interview I was then told to come back in 4 and a half hours, just appalling really. I was incredibly disappointed. You need to review your recruitment process and your company is definitely breaching confidentiality laws - which quite frankly should be reported to to watchdog. Lying to job seekers is unacceptable.

The best perks in the business

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Selby Jennings

Pros

Great compensation and commission structure on all work.
    Great perks including Company holidays, lunch clubs and much more.
    Good buzz- yound age group, good social scene

Cons

Long hours
    KPI's are the only judge of performance

There are clear favourites.

There are newer employer reviews for Selby Jennings