Select Medical

www.selectmedical.com
  www.selectmedical.com
There are newer employer reviews for Select Medical

A bittersweet lesson about life, death, and money.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Select Medical

Pros

-Excellent patient care

-Continuous training for care givers

-Clinical staff genuinely care about their patients

-Proper emphasis placed on patient safety

-HIH facilities can easily transfer to host ICU(s)

Cons

-Noticeable change in patient care strategy when SEM became publically traded.

-Daily Patient Conversion meetings became focused on financial income rather than patient outcomes.

-Patient marketing and admissions prioritized by "pay for performance".

-Extreme pressure placed on case managers to discharge patients in order to receive full reimbursement from Medicare.

-Core values do not apply to corporate executives. Specifically: “We treat others as we would like to be treated” and “We are team players”. I’ve experienced several teleconferences in which our well educated and extremely knowledgeable local executive team had been berated and belittled by a Senior VP when profit margins and census were not met. Soon after I watched the entire team trickle out in a span of three months and move on to different ventures. The corporate office has since replaced our dream team with inexperienced, power-hungry, reputation-damaging androids.

I don’t have any advice. I just have a simple quote from Douglas Adams:

“To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.”

104 Other Employee Reviews for Select Medical (View Most Recent)

Keep Looking for a better Opportunity!!!!

Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Mechanicsville, PA
    Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Mechanicsville, PA

I worked at Select Medical

Pros

If you want to move up in the company, they will push you in that direction. career advacement is good.

Cons

Horrible PTO; for any major state paid holidays the time OFF is coming though the employee paid time off....benefits sucked..paid thru the nose. Also pay is really lousy...they give you the economy lecture but it is all lies....Company make over 2b & employees are put in projects after projects & are overworked but the company can only offer you $11 /hr....My Advice ...KEEP LOOKING!!!!!

Your employees put themselves out for you...If you want them to stay at Select & be with Select for a long time appreciate them with better incentives, better pay, benefits etc.

Good benefits but very poor management and no communication with corporate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

I worked at Select Medical

Pros

Good benefits, some departments have flexible scheduling, PTO and EID better than a lot of hospitals, no mandatory overtime in all departments

Cons

Management very poor and most not qualified for their positions but promoted because they will follow orders of top two running the company at the local level. Complaints to the Compliance hotline and HR hotline have gotten employees no response even though Select assured us when they took over that they would always be available. Serious issues with payroll since Select took over Regency. Quality of care is no longer the primary focus and there has been a mass exit of clinical employees.

Listen to what your employees are telling you. You will get the hard work and loyalty you expect if you show them respect and praise them for jobs well done.

There are newer employer reviews for Select Medical