Select Medical

www.selectmedical.com
  www.selectmedical.com
There are newer employer reviews for Select Medical

Corporate has no idea how the management team is neglecting their staff, or DO THEY?

Current Employee - Nursing Department in Wilmington, DE
Current Employee - Nursing Department in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Select Medical

Pros

The only thing is that the pay is decent, otherwise there are NO pros....

Cons

Benefits suck
Management shows no compassion for employees with families
Bottom line is their profit margin over patient and staff safety and satisfaction
Unsafe CNA and nurse to patient ratios due to the complexity of care required
State should do a "spot-check" often especially on night shift ex: ONE CNA to 28 patients and/ or 4 nurses to 28 patients with high acuity levels on ventilators etc??
Wilmington facility has surpassed $$$ with some of the corp. highest profitable months, all done by the hard work of CNAs and nurses, but no recognition or bonuses for us little ones. CEO receives big bonuses, creating very selfish and greedy administrators.
And soon much more......

Has it ever crossed corporate HQs mind on why the best top skilled nurses were ALL fired within a 3 month period?? Thats why reputation and word of mouth is the best advertisement.

104 Other Employee Reviews for Select Medical (View Most Recent)

Difficult, but you can learn otj and they will hire inexperienced staff, good for a foot in the door

Current Employee - Nurse Aide in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Nurse Aide in Denver, CO

I have been working at Select Medical

Pros

Learning, colleagues, small size, 2 locations in Denver

Cons

poor pay and expensive benefits

If you drink their Kook-aid, you can advance

A bittersweet lesson about life, death, and money.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Select Medical

Pros

-Excellent patient care

-Continuous training for care givers

-Clinical staff genuinely care about their patients

-Proper emphasis placed on patient safety

-HIH facilities can easily transfer to host ICU(s)

Cons

-Noticeable change in patient care strategy when SEM became publically traded.

-Daily Patient Conversion meetings became focused on financial income rather than patient outcomes.

-Patient marketing and admissions prioritized by "pay for performance".

-Extreme pressure placed on case managers to discharge patients in order to receive full reimbursement from Medicare.

-Core values do not apply to corporate executives. Specifically: “We treat others as we would like to be treated” and “We are team players”. I’ve experienced several teleconferences in which our well educated and extremely knowledgeable local executive team had been berated and belittled by a Senior VP when profit margins and census were not met. Soon after I watched the entire team trickle out in a span of three months and move on to different ventures. The corporate office has since replaced our dream team with inexperienced, power-hungry, reputation-damaging androids.

I don’t have any advice. I just have a simple quote from Douglas Adams:

“To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.”

There are newer employer reviews for Select Medical