There are newer employer reviews for Select Medical

Cheap

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist
Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist

I have been working at Select Medical as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Love the people I work with. Like my job. Hershey park is nice for our company picnic. Offer box office seats at the giant center.

Cons

Poor pay. Poor training. Lousy raises. Took bonuses away.

Share the wealth and you will keep your good employees, spending less on turn around and boosting morale in the company.

94 Other Employee Reviews for Select Medical (View Most Recent)

Probably Not

Former Employee - Admissions Coordinator
    Former Employee - Admissions Coordinator

I worked at Select Medical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

a place to work to get a check

Cons

for profit hospital that expects way too much...very stressful in the office and on the floor

worry more about the patients and less about the money

Profit over patients.

Current Employee - Therapist
    Current Employee - Therapist

I have been working at Select Medical

Pros

-generally flexible schedules
    -benefit package is decent but also costly compared to other plans of similar quality, recently raised prices considerably.

Cons

-unethical: directors and upper management turn a blind eye to grouping then billing individually.
    -profit over patient welfare: pressure to make everyone an "ultra," which sometimes leads to inappropriate therapy minutes...some patients noticeably decline due in part to therapy they cannot tolerate. the alternative is to bill while the patient sleeps.
    -not all patients are equal: Med A minutes must be met. when the caseload is too high, told to skip Med B patients (for days at a time when the orders indicate 5 x per week) before shortening Med A minutes or calling/adding prn therapists.
    -unrealistic expectations: 90% minimum on an 8 hour day (including breaks, leaves you 15 minutes to go back and document on the gym computers). 89.4% and you're in trouble the next morning. Occasional pressure to hit 95% (illegal expectation due to mandated breaks) and 100% (that should be a red flag, not a minute in the facility unbilled? I mean really...)
    -the only news is bad news: meeting expectations and excelling are never praised. the only time we hear anything from management it's negative....work harder, profits aren't high enough, change the way you treat to make more money, etc.

Volunteer to take pay cuts to decrease pressure and make the company more ethical. There's no reason the VP should make enough money to live in one state and fly on a weekly basis to another to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Select Medical